Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aussie Trucking

Aussie John ยท 2010-06-26 06:29

Instead of loading Lance's Kiwi Trucking thread, here are some photos taken at the Allora Vintage Festival held in the Australia Day weekend (last weekend in Jan) over the last few years on the Darling Downs. Other members may wish to post photos from other shows around Oz.

Replies8
  1. #1mitch5042010-06-26 08:54

    Neat! Thanks I like the medium duty tractor with the light lowboy. Also, I was just talking to my brother about how much I had liked the few mercedes trucks I had driven and worked on over the years, but I had never seen one with that long of a hood. Are they common over there?

  2. #2Aussie John2010-06-27 07:25

    This Merc is the 1418 series which was a very popular and reliable truck in it's day and many truckies owed their success to this truck. Still seen frequently on the roads here. Other members may be able to add more about this classic truck. John

  3. #3truckboy2010-07-09 06:21

    I'm trying to collect info on any old Mercedes trucks that have been restored or that are for sale. Particular models of interest are: -Mercedes L 5000 Pritschen-Lkw -Mercedes LK 325 Pritschenkipper -Mercedes LK 710 Pritschenkipper (Series L 322/323 from '63 onward) -Mercedes O 319 Small bus -Mercedes O 3O9 (L400 series diesels) :drinkup

  4. #4lancef2010-07-10 16:23

    Great pics,looks like it was a good show.

  5. #5Aussie John2010-07-11 05:31

    Twin power road train Here are a few photos taken of a twin power road train taken at a coal mine in Central Queensland. The lead trailer has a Cat engine fitted under the trailer frame, driving the front two axles through an auto transmission. Coolers and radiator are mounted on the front of the trailer. There are other larger tandem powered rigs working at other sites both in Queensland and in the Northern Territor. Maybe, another member might have photos of these. John

  6. #6willie592010-07-11 09:56

    That's quite a rig Aussie John. I like the cab protector canopy, good idea. Those trailers side dump, got any pics of them dumping the load? There's a lot of really nice fabrication and fitting went into that rig.

  7. #7245dlc2010-07-11 23:21

    Wow that's cool it looks like there is gear reduction in the powered hubs.

  8. #8lancef2010-07-18 02:01

    Cool pics.