Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Australian made HaulMax

big ben ยท 2012-09-05 20:31

I've never heard of them until now. Canada is about to get its first 3900D and just wondering what others have heard about them. Good, bad or yet to be decided ? Something like 95% Cat parts and to be sold and looked after by Cat dealers. http://www.haulmax.com/product.html

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies14
  1. #1mitch5042012-09-05 22:23

    That is very interesting. I had never seen one of those, I think I'll get the one w/ the lowboy to haul my 580 superK.

  2. #2Gavin84w2012-09-06 08:11

    Pos 1 & 2 chop out pretty quick if you do a lot of turning with them.

  3. #3ben46a2012-09-06 20:19

    Why a haulmax and not a typical rigid frame off highway truck? (Ie 775?)

  4. #4rare ss2012-09-08 05:14

    They look better We use them as 76,000L service trucks, the company who make them will have a stand at minexpo this month, the trucks are suited to long hauls better than a rigid dump truck, lower cente of gravity ect

  5. #5oldtom2012-10-16 22:38

    made by the co that made what is cat under ground equipment in tasmania also the vic/tas cat dearler.

  6. #6Burnout2012-10-21 22:20

    Seems like you gentlemen need some further info on the 3900D trucks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF4_sckvp9U

  7. #7alco2012-10-22 00:43

    I sure hope that was a joke, cuz damn, those are ugly trucks....LOL.

  8. #8OzDozer2012-10-22 04:40

    More pics and discussion on the Haulmax trucks from post #43 onwards, on this vintage truck forum ...... http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1261900382

  9. #9rare ss2012-10-22 05:00

    I'll get a photo of a 777G lube truck vs Haulmax lube truck, the Haulmax looks heaps better

  10. #10RayF2012-10-22 08:57

    I'm about half way through doing the machining and line boring on service bodies for about 14 of them. Thats just for one company so there must be a lot around http://www.svaust.com/index.php?id=264

  11. #11alco2012-10-22 13:23

    I'm going to disagree on that, it doesn' matter what you put on them, those Haulmaxs are just plain ugly.

  12. #12rare ss2012-10-25 06:35

    yeh, fair enough.. their an aquired taste that grows on ya, bit like the 950G when they came out but their by far the best of that series IMO, to look at and work on

  13. #13inthedirt2012-11-01 07:47

    Now that would make a nice service truck . I wonder how big of an autocrane you could put on it. Oh yeah... talk about being able to have the whole shop on board!

  14. #14vapor3002012-11-01 13:18

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jUPavGHkY