Hey all,greetings from the west coast. I'll be connecting to my aux. circuit soon and I'm wondering about performing a flush/filter sequence before attaching the equipment. My machine is a formal rental TB016 and came w/the aux. circuit plumbed & fitted out w/stop valves.I seriously doubt this was ever used. I'll be attaching a new auger from General.An M553-12. http://www.generalequip.com/product.php?prodid=30[/URL I'll have quick connects @ the stop valves and hoses to the auger from there. What I'm thinking is to connect the hoses to a filter,run the circuit,reverse the connections and run the circuit in the opposite direction prior to connecting the auger itself. And if it wasn't for all the great help here I would not have been able to get this far. Thank you and let me know what you think. Skies. J.
If the auger is new and you doubt the auxilary circuit has been used, is there any need? The oil powering the attachment will be the same as the oil used for the rams e.t.c so would be/has been filtered by the return filter on the hydraulic tank e.t.c. Or have I got the wrong idea about your intentions??!!
If all your wanting to do is flush the aux lines to insure there's no debris/contaminents in there, I'd just connect the auger hoses to the shutoff valves, drop the hoses in a clean 5 gal open bucket, then operate the aux lines to flush into bucket. Now you can inspect the oil in the bucket. If it's clean and no debris or contamination in it, pour it back into your tank. Don't do this through your quick connect valves, though. It's possible a piece of debris could get lodged in one and you wouldn't know it's there. Install the quick connects after your done flushing the lines.
If it has 1000-2000 hours on it and you don't know if the hydraulic filter has been changed for the cost of it I would change the filter. Check your owners manual some suggest 1000 hr change some will go with 2000 hr. Otherwise I'd do the same thing that ATCO suggested. I t wouldn't use much oil just flushing the lines. ATCO: you missed the skidsteer glass question so we'll allow you a prize for answering this question correctly. here's your beer :drinkup
LoL! :drinkup
Thanks Strott,AtcoEquip. Strott,because the lines may have been stagnant,a chance for debris to collect exists (imho).Most likely wherever the circuit connects to the active oil flow (spool valve supply side???). So I figure a flush/filter would be cheap assurance. Essentially I'm applying what experience I have (plumbing,hydronics) to hydraulics where I'm wet behind the ears. AtcoEquip, flushing sounds good too.Thanks for the tip on the QC fittings. Any chance of sucking air into the system with the open lines? Thanks again. J.
Yes, you may get some air in the lines, but it's not a problem it will purge out as you operate the circuit, and the air will go back to the tank, it won't make it to the pump.