Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aux Hyd Not Working 277B

Jfarris ยท 2014-03-24 20:33

I have a Cat 277B with 1600 hrs. I haven't used the auxiliary hydraulics in about 2 years. Last time I did, it worked just fine. I hooked up a sweeper attachment today, and there's no hydraulic flow. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix it? I'm sure I have to raise the cab...

Replies10
  1. #1fsmech2014-03-25 05:37

    How easy did the quick connect fittings go on? Maybe an issue there, also the hydraulic pressure release switch, check function of this, maybe faulty and keeping the dump valve for this circuit active. Also remove the sweeper and activate the auxiliary control and see if the hydraulics load up and you can see the lines pulse. Usually if everything else is working, the circuit is ok. Check those few things and see what you might find.

  2. #2Jfarris2014-03-25 10:13

    Lines went on fairly easy. The lines are not loading up at all. I will be in front of the machine here in a few hrs.

  3. #3fsmech2014-03-26 06:33

    Have you had any luck mate? Also looks like a couple of fuses and relays in control of the auxiallry hydraulics. In the fuse box as listed in the manual, check all the fuses first, then move on to the relays! 16 Auxiallry Hydraulic ECM 10amp 27 Auxiliary Hydraulic C- 10amp 28 Auxiliary Hydraulic C+ 10amp 29 Auxiliary Tools 15amp 30 Auxiliary Electrical Control C1 10amp 33 Spare 15amp 34 Auxiliary Electrical Control C2 10amp Relays 1 Finger Trigger for the Work Tool 26 Auxiliary Hydraulic C-Solenoid 31 Auxiliary Electric Control C1 32 Auxiliary Hydraulic C+Solenoid 35 ECM signal for the Auxiliary Hydraulic C+ and the Auxiliary Hydraulic C- 36 Auxiliary Electric Control C2

  4. #4farmkid16_20022014-04-14 21:04

    Is it a right hand thumb wheel on the the joystick. 99% of the time it is the thumb wheel. We look at this through ET and see -100 through +100 and variance we replace it with new joystick. Also check power fuses and the solenoid to run the auxiliary.

  5. #5Jfarris2015-02-18 12:51

    Well almost a year later, I'm ready to tackle this. It does have the thumb wheel. I checked fuses, they're good. I'm going to buy a relays, then go to the joystick after that. I'll post what the end result is by tomorrow. Thanks for your guys' help.

  6. #6Jfarris2015-02-18 21:44

    Fuses and relays are good. There is a lot of slop in the right joystick. I've already replaced the left side because it was leaking really bad, so I'm going to go ahead and replace the right one. This one has the thumb wheel on it. I'm hoping this fixes the issue. If not, what would be next?

  7. #7Jfarris2015-02-25 19:58

    Ok forgot to update. It was in fact the right side joystick with thumb wheel. Thank you for providing that information!!!!

  8. #8BernardH2022-01-03 17:04

    How did you fix the Thumb wheel? did you replace the whole Joystick handle or did you find a replacement Thumb wheel? Mine is not working, went real slow one time then nada. Took the thumb roller off and the magnet is corroded to pieces. Any after market thumb roller you find?

  9. #9Tyler d4c2022-01-03 20:00

    If your certain its only the magnet ill look in my junk box and see if I got one in a bad handle thats usable but most of the time the switch is bad

  10. #10BernardH2022-01-04 03:40

    Seeing it crumble. I had hoped to find a substitute on line but I cannot find any reference or interchange from PWM to a Hall Effect voltage modulated roller. Otto makes the Finger trigger but the Thumb Roller has no markings on it. Took apart the switch and it uses a magnet in the top rocker area that rocks across the computer switch sensor. Seems that half circle magnet could be replace and glued to where the old one disintergrated.