Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aux hydraulics changing to joystick control

earthscratcher · 2026-05-01 21:41

I bought some rotating thumb buckets for 50mm pin and 65 mm pin machines. They came with the wiring and controller and joysticks to change over but no wiring instructions. The only thing I can find is a jisan video that shows hooking up valve to footpeddle hydraulics with three hydraulic lines. I checked, some have four hoses that I looked at also what if a excavater does have aux but it’s on a joystick ? This is what they sent,the blue threaded connection is all done on the bucket so don’t need to worry about that Any body ever mess with something like this ?

Replies3
  1. #1earthscratcher2026-05-01 22:25

    what does the (A P T) on the valve go to, and the blue wires no idea on that

  2. #2John C.2026-05-02 14:05

    P is oil going into the valve from a source like machine pilot pressure. T is the return to tank and A is the work supply usually to shift a spool valve to make something move or work. If you are going to work a thumb there should also be a B port. I don't understand why the electronic components. I would guess the box with the black back might be a transformer and the other box might be a controller. Transformer might take machine power and change it to controller current. Seems to be way to many wires from that control box for just a single or two function auxiliary. The box might also be a digital system which a lot of times plugs into the machine control system. Maybe someone here will recognize what you have. What machine are you installing this on?

  3. #3earthscratcher2026-05-03 01:00

    its going on a Deere 75d