Heya, is there any relatively simple way to rig up a hand throttle control near the knuckle boom controls that wouldn’t disrupt normal foot pedal control during driving? This palfinger crane is great, but she runs much better at ~1100rpm than 750. I’m often going back and forth between the crane and sawing/rigging a log, so having a hand throttle to rev up and down would be a lifesaver. It’s a 1995 Ford f800, 8.3 Cummins, 5+2
If you have air, you can use a williams air throttle slave and either a air pedal or a johnson bar as a control. You also could just set it up with a hand throttle in the cab like a lot of guys use on a PTO set up, with a cable if you don't have air.
I do have air (brakes). My current throttle control is a solid rod that pivots on the back of the foot pedal. I’m trying to imagine connecting a hand throttle cable to that linkage on the injection pump. But if it’s a hand throttle that would hold its position, wouldn’t that disrupt the return spring when using the foot pedal?
Put a longer bolt in were the linkage is hooked now and drill a hole in it for the cable to go through then put a cable clamp on the end of the cable. The cable will slide in the bolt when the foot pedal is used.
Gotcha! I'll give that a shot.