Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auxiliary couplers at the base of the boom

Cartoondude135 ยท 2020-07-04 23:56

Is there a rhyme or reason behind installing the auxiliary hydraulic hose couplers at the base of the boom? Here are some examples I managed to find. So far, I have yet to witness a Case 580SN backhoe with it's auxiliary couplers at the base of it's boom. Come to think of it, nowadays, it's usually mounted on the stick near the bucket cylinder. I just wish I found a picture of the case backhoes' auxiliary couplers mounted at the base of it's boom as I'm not sure if you can see it in those videos.

Replies1
  1. #1mitch5042020-07-05 08:33

    Well, they won't get knocked off, like DOES happen with the ones on the stick. A lot is different on an N, as it is less a Case backhoe, and more a Case New Holland.