Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auxiliary Hydraulic problems Cat 287b

kancutter · 2020-07-20 16:13

Hi All I am new here and would like to ask your advice on a problem with my 287b s#zsa02159 About a week ago I found when I entered the machine that the battery was drained to a point I had to jumpstart. After a couple days of looking I raised the cab to find the magnetic solenoid that operates the ac motor very warm in-spite of fact the machine had not been started and ignition was off I unplugged it and this fixed battery drain problem but couple days later the machine acted as though the high Flo wasn’t engaging.Following several post threads I was able to chase down what seemed to be the problem in a loose connection. Everything was good for about an hour when I shut the machine down to visit with an owner. When I entered the machine now I have no auxiliary hydraulics at all. All fuses good and second observation is that the pressure releases switch does not click when engaging to remove mulching attachment. The High Flo light is on when engaged but I am wondering if a schematic and an understanding of Ecm and joystick wiring might help? I have had the machine a while and never encountered any electrical problems in the past. The rest of the loader is still functioning normally and I have used it to move dirt etc. I do not know the procedure to test rocker switch and none of the problems may be related. I will add on the counter top the magnetic solenoid removed draws approximately 1 amp without anything in the Field. The magnet seems fine as to a screwdriver test.

Replies0

No replies yet.