Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Average weight of a single mature hardwood stump

queen of spades ยท 2016-03-16 22:52

Anyone care to guess what a rough weight of a mature oak stump would be? Tree trunk was 3' in diameter. Stump was left in the ground 1 year. Trying to figure if I can secure it on my bobcat trailer or if I'd need to hire out a dump truck. thanks

Replies1
  1. #1mitch5042016-03-16 23:10

    3' dry oak stump in the southeast is probably 1000 lbs, plus the dirt on it. I did a gum stump once that I couldn't lift with a 25-ton hoe, I just rolled it into the woods. I took out a 6' poplar and couldn't put the stump sideways by it's self into an 18 wheeler dump trailer, I ended up putting it on my lowboy and cutting both sides to get it down to 12' wide.