Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Average Yealy Dozer Hours

ABF D5M ยท 2009-08-17 15:02

Hey guys, I bought a D5M XL a few years back for the farm. I have finished most of the work on the farm and now I am looking to send my operator out on the road doing dozer work. If I had someone out there hustling up work for us, about how many hours should I expect in a year? I was thinking around 1000, but I am not sure.

Replies6
  1. #1d6peg2009-08-17 21:57

    ABF, That might be a little light on the hrs. I have my budget set up on 1200hrs per year and it works out just fine, it sure is nice though to put 1400 to 1500hrs per yr. on it.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2009-08-18 02:42

    With todays economy that may be more like wishfull thinking. Good luck though. Let us know how it works out.

  3. #3ABF D5M2009-08-18 08:56

    Thanks for your thoughts. I ran the numbers and a 1000 hrs is making it however like you said 1500 is better money! I figured that we would really have to work though just to make 1000 hrs. I will let you know how it goes!

  4. #4Colorado Digger2009-08-18 23:10

    I have a small dozer -case 850h. I am lucky to put 1000 hrs on it a year, but up here a dozer is a special piece and when you need one you need one. I believe bigger companies with production dozer are probably in the 2-3000 hrs. But what do I know. Up here the excavators get the most hours- 2000 and up. I would not hire someone to look for dozer work unless you plan on running that cat 50 hours a week , minimum. good luck

  5. #5five2009-08-21 11:32

    hrs I was getting 200 to 250 hrs per month , 5day work weeks, now my dozer has only worked 4 weeks since july of 08. D5GXL dual slopes, and laser 135 per hr (Live in Southern California) i could use a job for this machine ! If you are still getting a thousand hrs you are doing great. Tell me were to ship my machine for work. I will rent for any reasonable rate right now.

  6. #6B&R Equipment2009-08-21 15:46

    Depends on the work...Are you building ponds, clearing fields...we have people putting 200+ hours a month on our machines...Also it does not put in account you using the dozer when it is home...So I would say that you would put about 1250 to 1500 hours year on the high end.