Ferma really shot it up with their CAT 365s, 375s and yes, a few 385s. In all, they had 40 big track hoes on the scene, all tearing up Doyle Drive, a 1930s approach to the Golden Gate Bridge. By the end of the weekend, it will all be history! Kudos to Ferma for an awesome job. Here are some pictures of the big machines in action:
Yair . . . where?
I'm trying to resize them. Says they are too big to upload. PITA.
Tough to make a machine that size small, oh you meant the pictures.
http://www.presidioparkway.org/
You are a better man than I. Can't get the darn pics to post. Oh well, I'll keep trying. How embarrassing.
Microsoft Paint program will re-size pics pretty easy Wolf, simply size them 640 x 480 pixels and you're good to go.
Another free and easy to use resizer is available at www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
CAT 375 with LaBounty shear
It would be fun to get a lawn chair there & watch the show.Wolf,are you finding the pic's from the net?
Yes, I saw the pictures from the websiite, but these I took Friday night when the started the demo. Got some more Saturday night that I will post soon.
Nice pics John! Thanks for the note. I left the Davis job on Friday, and start a big clearing job in the morning at Beal AFB.
Nice. How many houses you gonna wreck on the base?
I like the 336 or 345 with hyd thumb
This time its a 1000 trees, clearing not demo. All the stinking trees we had to work around and not damage while we were wrecking the houses on the last go round. Go figure.
Ha! They made you leave the trees when you cleared the houses, and now you gotta go back and pull out the trees? That is too crazy. That's our tax dollars at work. (At least they are going to a good cause---you!) Well, 1,000 trees should be fun. How are you going to load them out once you knock them down with the track hoe? Do you have to grind them up, or can you load them into the dump trailers as is?
Big Iron They had a bunch of 375s and 385s on the job. They also had a 5110 that just knocked the crap out of the old roadway. The power in that machine is unbelievable. I had never seen one that big. I will post the 5110 picture later. All the best.
Ferma's CAT 5110--- Break out the Big Stuff . . . That's a real wrecking machine! This is the new tunnel that will open Monday morning commute. Demo guys had to knock down the entire Golden Gate Bridge approach over the weekend so that they could build the new roadway Sunday through this tunnel. What an awesome job. You gotta hand it to these guys. They are the best, and the whole city of San Francisco is proud of them for sure.
That's probably the only 5110 with a thumb around. Progressive link and everything.
Yeah, you should have seen the power the 5150 had tearing down the roadway in San Francisco Friday night. AWESOME! Total power. A beautiful sight.