Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Axle repair video

DDoug ยท 2025-07-27 08:04
Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-07-27 10:01

    I'd love to know which "crack repair procedure" he's referring to, because I've never seen one. Problem is that having attacked the spindle with his grinder it no longer qualifies as a Reman Core.

  2. #2DDoug2025-07-27 14:06

    Unless he welds it back up and grinds it smooth.....

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-07-27 15:58

    It might not have qualified as a reman core anyway. It's broken beyond repair. CEE is a very reputable outfit. I don't think they would consider a repair on a large part like that without talking to Cat first.

  4. #4.RC.2025-07-27 19:04

    That is because you are not a youtube celebrity. Nah I actually think the chap on that web channel is quite talented and intelligent and having a bloody good go. I have seen the odd questionable thing done that I knew would not achieve optimal results and I am not going to comment on welding 793 stub axles as I have no idea. I think he is doing a good job showcasing the industry and young people might watch it and think about becoming a fitter and turner as a career. We are now starting to see lots of female participation in the trades in Australia. Unfortunately it is others that try to turn people into messiahs.

  5. #5JS4302025-07-27 23:11

    I've watched several of his videos and he does a good job of explaining things and keeping it interesting. I believe he said he worked at a mine for several years before going into business for himself.