Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

B-70 vs Maxi Haul trucks

akpolaris ยท 2013-07-11 13:51

What is the difference between the Maxi Haul & B-70 trucks. What is the carrying capacity of these rigs. How about some pics please. I tried posting this in the truck section but got no response so hopefully I can try it here. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1stepp33602013-07-11 15:36

    akpolaris, The Maxi-Haul are heavy duty trailer rear dumps pulled by say a Kenworth C-500, while the B-70's are Euclid tractors pulling bottom dump trailers. If I understand correctly Alaska has the largest remaining fleet of B-70's in the world. Most if no all that been re-powered by either Caterpillar or newer style Detroit diesels. Maxi-Haul trailers seem to be mainly built in British Columbia by K-line trailers. Their use use on the slope was pioneered by I think Caldwilder trucking out of Fairbanks. AIC, Alaska Frontier and maybe others still run the B-70's, Quality Asphalt swapped their Euclid tractors for Cat 773's a couple of years ago.

  2. #2akpolaris2013-07-11 15:43

    Stepp thank you. I am on the slope and see these going back and forth and had a question. I assume that the weights are determined by the tires and axle group configurations?? How about the articulating rock trucks? what are they designated as?