Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

back up alarm wiring for bobcat

93CobraCPR ยท 2005-09-29 02:08

I have a 04 S250 and want to put on back up alarm. There are two wires on engine door, are these for back up? Is a toggle switch needed to activate? I was also wondering the wiring diagram for 7 pin and 14 pin attachment connection? thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1Yellowdog2005-09-30 16:36

    Can you send a picture? Unless you have the lights removed, the wires should be for the backup alarm. Should be plug and play. Not sure about your machine and whether or not it has a fuse removed for that application but the machines, as far as I know, come from the factory wired and ready for an alarm. I disconnect my alarms since I work in the woods, away from people. I just wrap the wires up and plug it back in if I need it..

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2005-09-30 21:07

    Man, I'm glad we have a real Bobcat guy here... my sales "background" simply doesn't cut the technical knowledge!

  3. #3Yellowdog2005-10-02 11:31

    I wonder if the wiring diagram is still the same for 800 series machines? My 863 C series was 14 pin but the G series went to 7 pin . Had to rewire a grader attachment..not cheap. The service schematics I have are for the 863c/h. Has the 14 pin but the handle functions are a little different now. I doubt the diagrams would work. Really confusing schematics to look at!