Hello again! I am back with my friend's 2 CAT 322BLs and their fabulous monitor issues. His main unit (the one he operates most) has begun to falter on the monitor coming on in the colder weather. He says it comes on and operates normally after about an hour of operation. The schematic shows the signal for the monitor to come on the signal for what is displayed comes from the computer. I guess I'm asking if its possible that a circuit in the computer could cause this issue? I plan on bringing a portable heat gun out next to pre-warm the computer and maybe the display to see if that has an affect. (note: the monitor seems after-market, not the original) His secondary unit, the one you all helped me fix back in October, doesn't have a display at all, nor does it have throttle control. He's been running it in backup mode but is concerned he cannot track his temps and pressures. I have verified that the backup switch functions properly and power is getting to the throttle rheostat and monitor. One thing i noticed today was there were no lights at all on the computer, so i checked power to it. That is good. Is there anything else I need to check before having him spend 2000$ on a new computer? Thanks in advance!
No replies yet.