my Deere 310 SE backhoe , when I first start the backhoe it starts right up but if I don't turn the steering wheel it will shut off, it will crank over but doesn't start. I let it set for 3 to 5 minutes and it will start but dies again unless I turn the steering wheel.
Welcome to HEF, Tom. Really weird problem. Does the engine sound like it is laboring under a heavy load before you turn the steering wheel ?
Yes it does .
I don't much about John Deere's. I have read about that problem before. It seems that turning the steering wheel unloads the hydraulic pump. Does the starting motor seem to be laboring hard when cranking the engine to start it ? Hopefully mg2361, Delmer or one of the other John Deere experts will offer some advice.
hydraulic pump not de-stroking
You're in real trouble if I'm the best you can get for a JD expert. There are REAL JD experts here, just not as many or as often as other brands. Looking at jdparts. com, this is a gear pump, not the radial piston pump that is somewhat unique to JD. The best I can tell you is to get a manual and start testing pressures. It also sounds like you might have a couple different problems going on at once. Does the engine stay running if you play with the steering correctly while starting it up? will it warm up and then run normally? usable with the steering loader and backhoe? or is this just sitting at this point and unusable? how long have you had it, and what's the history/progression of this problem? Engines are much easier than hydraulics...
Welcome to HEF! Do you have auxiliary hydraulics that maybe are stuck on? Check all your levers and make sure they are in the neutral position.
After checking everything mg2361 suggested, could it be as simple as a defective destroke solenoid or the electrical supply to it ??
Unfortunately no. That solenoid is only used to turn the auxiliary hydraulic pump on and off depending on what position your seat is facing. Front (loader operation) and the hydraulics use one pump, backhoe position the hydraulics use two pumps.
After Iget it started it runs just fine all hydralic work it starts right back up it's just the first start of the day that hard .
Just something to check. Quick and easy. See attached. Remove the caps (C & G) off the priority spool on top of your loader control valve and check if the spool moves freely and that the orifice (H) is in place (note: there is a spring under cap C so it will have some tension when removing). Do this after the machine sat over night. Also see attached solution I found. It sounds like your issue.
Thanks, I'll try that after I get it out of the mud hole its stuck in . I was removing snow and found a mud hole under the snow
Tom, do you know how to use the backhoe to pull you back while you pick up the front with the bucket and roll the bucket back so you have both attachments lifting and moving you? couldn't find one on youtube but if you don't understand, i can look some more.
Yeah, I was going to do that but it started getting dark and I was in the mountains and figured it wasn't going anywhere and I needed to get back off the mountain .