Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

backhoe attachment for a skid steer

selig24 ยท 2013-10-17 17:27

Hi All, I have recently purchased a 2006 257B Cat. I'm looking to get a used backhoe attachment that won't break the bank. I found a bradco 9hd. Would that work? If not any recommendations?

Replies15
  1. #1selig242013-10-17 17:30

    this is the pic from craigslist

  2. #2td25c2013-10-17 22:10

    Probably could be made to fit with some fabrication work. By the looks the subframe would hit the cab on the 257 www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9430833 Might call Bradco and see what or if they offer a subframe kit for that model to fit the 257 www.everythingattachments.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BR-Backhoe-SkidSteer-611-82002 Good luck with it.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2013-10-18 05:43

    I've got a Bradco 611 for my Cat 248. It's a real nice hoe and the one you've got pictured looks to have very similar brackets for the Cat. You'll need the bracket that mounts to the machine and replaces the cab step, and just be aware you'll have to remove the door while that bracket is attached to the machine.

  4. #4selig242013-10-20 19:58

    thank you

  5. #5selig242013-10-20 20:00

    thank youu

  6. #6Joe Sullivan MZ2013-10-22 08:08

    Stick a free want ad up with us if you want Selig - PM me and i'll sort that out for you if you like

  7. #7pafarmer2014-04-25 08:29

    A Backhoe attachment on a skidsteer suck...just saying. Been there , done that and learn from me , not worth the expense. Get yourself a decent used excavator and double your ability to perform the needed tasks....

  8. #8Desertwheeler2014-04-25 10:25

    They have their place. Mine works good for small jobs and the expense for a mini hoe isn't worth it. . I have a side shift bradco that works really good

  9. #9pafarmer2014-04-25 11:15

    Good point desert wheeler. Depending on your intended use they could be very useful. Small around the house or hobby farm jobs it would be a good implement to own. Anything more I feel the money could be better invested on the nice down payment on a decent used mini track hoe. The OP really needs to know his requirements and not expect it to be more than it is..didn't mean to offend anyone with one....my apologizes if I did.....

  10. #10Dickeyjoe2014-04-26 19:11

    Desertwheeler...Do you have a side swivel or stationary?..... Which would you rather have?

  11. #11Steve Frazier2014-04-27 23:25

    When I was running my business I was considering purchasing a mini excavator for what I thought would be convenience but when it came down to it, my Bradco got the jobs done that I needed to do. Sure it was a pain in the ass to move the machine around the job at times but I didn't have to make a second trip to the job with the second machine. For the work I did my skid steer was necessary to move materials around the job as well as excavating. It depends on the amount of trench work you plan to do, in my case I can safely say I used the Bradco attachment 25% of the time.

  12. #12Desertwheeler2014-04-27 23:42

    I'll take a picture of it tommorrow for you. But I had a d100 for my bobcat that was center pivot. It was a great tool until we got a couple bradcos off of gas company trucks. They are a lot heavier but have side shift. They are 72" wide and the hoe can slide 60"s side to side which is awesome for digging along a wall or something or a square hole. The side shift makes the backhoe a lot more versatile.

  13. #13Desertwheeler2014-04-28 14:28

    Still working on a better way to keep it secure to the machine. But have a good idea for it now.

  14. #14Desertwheeler2014-04-28 17:24
  15. #15td25c2014-04-28 21:19

    That's a nice looking backhoe attachment Desertwheeler . Add some over tire tracks to the rig and you will be surprised what the machine will do . We have used a JD 8875 skid with the 911 extendable hoe for 15 years now and the damn thing to this day still impresses me what it will do . We take the hoe attachment & front bucket to about 90% of the jobs for the skid loader . Don't take long to change from bucket to hoe and do it all with one tractor . Add a dump truck to the works and you can really move some dirt . Used that combination last week prepping some farm ground for planting . HeavyEquipmentForums