580 sk I am a new owner of a 580 sk case 4x4 backhoe. One of many issues I would like to resolve is with the shuttle/transmission. If I start the unit and immediately p:canadaut the shuttle shift in forward or reverse the machine will move . If I let the machine warm up then shift it will not move until I shut it down, restart and immediately shift the shuttle. once machines moves the shuttle operates properly for whatever length of time I use it for
That is a weird one, once pressure is built up it won't move, but before pressure builds up the valve can move. May have some air in the line on one side, just guessing not a case guy. Have you changed the filter and checked the fluid?
I found out mine 480c has some sort of electrical connection to the power shuttle to release it if you hit the brakes, engage it when you let up on the brakes. Mine also has a neutral/drive switch to activate/deactivate this feature. If yours has this, could you have a switch or wiring problem?
case 580 shuttle issue Thanks I feel its a pressure issue, any more thoughts appreciated
Bill.. Welcome to HEF.. Just a thought.. you might get more responses if you change/start another thread w/ your actual problem.. *580 shuttle problem*
I don't know why, but we often see new members' first posts with their name as the thread title. I imagine it's guys who are posting a thread for the first time on any forum, and haven't quite got it figured out, cause I don't think I've ever seen anybody do it on their second thread. Usually when I see them, I edit the title to give everybody else an idea of what the thread's about. Which I have just done here. Welcome to HEF, backhoe bill.
I've had 2 Ks. Both have had issues with the torque converter. First one was fine cold. On a very hot day if I loaded a long time, it'd slip quite a lot. The current tractor had a new torque converter when I bought it used. A few years later leakage became a problem. I had the dealer fix the leak for about $1100. US. I'm no expert, There is a solenoid valve controlled by buttons on shifter, and loader lever. Might it be acting up? Are you sure it's full? They are a bltch to check. Tractor level, running, warm. Oil is thinner than water, clear, and the dipstick gets oil on it sliding in and out of the tube. It won't work well if oil is low. I think there is a pump moving oil to the torque converter. Plugged screen, air leaks in the suction side, or poor pump performance might make pick up slow. Willie
Backhoe Bill 580 SK Shuttle Problem Thanks digger you nailed it, first post. Oil and filter are new and the transmission cut out control disabled. Once the transmission engages it does not slip. I understand there is a bypass circuit that protects the filter if there is a blockage. perhaps something along that line