Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

backhoe bucket teeth

petepilot ยท 2021-12-21 16:58

am looking for teeth for a case built backhoe likely from late 60s to early 70s . these have vertical pin holes and use a flex pin . can`t find any number on them. this hoe is bigger than a 580 from that time frame. all that seems to show up on internet are horizontal pinned. anyone have an idea where to find these things. 24" bucket.best pic i have at the moment

Replies15
  1. #1NH575E2021-12-21 19:13

    Are they what is called the Hensley style? https://www.amazon.com/Hensley-Styl...?keywords=bucket+teeth&qid=1640131874&sr=8-10 I link to tiger style because I have them on my hoe and love them for digging stumps.

  2. #2Willie B2021-12-21 20:24

    I've had 5 backhoes, three Case, two John Deere dating from 1974 to 2014, same teeth, same flex pins. All horizontal pins. One had a Hensley cutting edge.

  3. #3petepilot2021-12-22 21:13

    I don`t have one off to compare but these have rectangular pin holes& the shanks are bigger than what most are

  4. #4NH575E2021-12-22 21:44

    Sounds like you need to pull one and get some measurements. Maybe call the Case dealer?

  5. #5JLarson2021-12-22 22:28

    Sounds Hensley style kinda, find a local GET supplier and take a tooth in there and show them and they should be able to come up with a match.

  6. #6willie592021-12-22 23:01

    l wager they're Hensley Parabolic, like an S290 style, they offer the rubber squeeze pin as well as a steel key retainer pin. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2236044781...1291&msclkid=e0244cfc921a1fe073682d3f61d7c079

  7. #7petepilot2021-12-22 23:51

    whats shown on ebay looks real close . way the ad reads they only have one got to get one off and be sure of what i need

  8. #8petepilot2021-12-23 16:02

    Heres a better look .the shanks are2.5x2.5 at the base.this is obviously not a case bucket or at least not the cutting edge

  9. #9NH575E2021-12-23 17:29

    Here are some that are similar? https://www.ebay.com/itm/320934537625?hash=item4ab9306999:g:kaMAAOxyW1NREkCs

  10. #10Tinkerer2021-12-23 20:15

    At least the ones in NH575E's link gives the inside dimensions in the product description. The shipping charges are not cheap. Ya gotta be sure they fit your shank. I'm sure you know that petepilot. But some newcomers reading this and are new to the backhoe scene may not think of that.

  11. #11petepilot2021-12-23 20:31

    Im well aware of replacements fitting shank .this is an oddball perhaps reason they have not been replaced.i have bounced a 14lb sledge off these things several times cant even shake em

  12. #12skyking12021-12-23 20:50

    I know it is not fun, but it might be the case where you scarf them off and replace the shanks and teeth, just to get some easy to find teeth.

  13. #13willie592021-12-23 21:31

    Does look similar to ESCO Conical teeth, although I'm still not certain about that. What I typically do with teeth is to scarf away the portion of the tooth on the back side of the retainer pin, then beat the hell out of the tooth until it shakes loose. Once the tooth is off then I go for pin removal. https://www.hltooth.com/product /18lp/

  14. #14Swetz2021-12-24 08:41

    when I was recently in search of teeth for my machine, I called and talked to the people at H&L (willie59's link) and talked to them. They were very knowledgeable and got me hooked up in no time. I would give them a call and see if you get what you need. H&L sells on ebay. That is where I purchased mine after calling them.

  15. #15petepilot2021-12-24 21:15

    Good idea will git with them after the holidays