I have one stabilizer that will lower normally, but takes about 5 minutes to raise on a 2002 NH LB75. The other stabilizer works fine along with all other hydraulics. Anyone have any suggestions before I start taking everything apart on that side. Thanks
Hi neighbor, It's a restriction on the line that goes to the rod end of the cylinder. I would first suspect the valve isn't opening all the way. Is that machine linkage, or pilot controls?
Hey Neighbor...we're not far from each other. Did you know J.Tanner? I worked with him for many years. I have pilot controls on those stabilizers. So you think it is probably in the valve huh? Kind of what I was thinking. I do know I need to change that fluid in the reservoir. Its probably got some moisture in the fluid that may have got up to the valve and maybe rusted something while sitting up for a spell. Maybe a piece of rust clogged a passage. Sound about right? Thanks
A piece of rubber liner from the inside of a hose is a good bet, too. I know some Tanners, but the J. doesn't ring a bell. I know Larry Nix, and Burness Blake in your area, and a lot of guys in Macedonia.
Yeah, that's where I'm at, in Macedonia. Jay was the one killed in the accident between Macedonia and Jamestown by the drunk driver day before Thanksgiving. They put a blue "Drive Safely" sign up where the cross is. You think I should take the directional valve out and go through it? Haven't done that before, but it looks like it would be quite an undertaking. I hate to take it somewhere...cost wise the parts are bad enough. I can imagine what labor would be. I can't write all that off on taxes...not a business at present. Thanks again, Ben
Find the two hoses for that cylinder, see if you can swap them either at the valve or at the cylinder. If the problem changes direction, or if it remains the same, will tell you something about where the problem may lie....
Sounds like a good idea. I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks