Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Backhoe weights? backhoe under 12k recomendations

case310350 ยท 2010-05-06 18:28

Looking for a site that lists backhoe weights, looking for a backhoe under 12klbs but over 8k about 1990 or newer. Any recomendations? what was the weight of the 480d's

Replies4
  1. #1LT-x72010-05-06 19:21

    JCB has a midi thats about 8500 lbs and I think kubota's new m59 is just a little lighter than that. Bobcat and IR made one about 10,000 lbs but I think they discontinued them. I shopped for a machine that size for a while, I came to the conclusion that you can buy a full size 14,000 lbs machine for less money. Why are you looking for a machine of that specific weight?

  2. #2John White2010-05-09 16:40

    I've got just the suggestion for you. JCB 212S. I had a larger backhoe, in the 14,000 lb class. It was like a bull lin a china shop for the type of work I do, too big and bulkey and slow. Yeh, it was great if you wanted to dig a basement or pond. I bought a smaller one around 10000 lbs. Earthforce EF 4 same as a Bobcat B350 or Ir. Not a bad machine but not a good braking set up and only high and low range. I finally ran on to a JCB 212, 4 wheel drive, and 4 wheel steer. Will turn very sharp, will not tear up ground, Perkins engine with plenty of power, 4 speed trans, hyd reverser, side shift boom (works right up next to a bulding) fast, agile, easy to operate, cab set up just like a larger backhoe. Love it. Dont need a 9 ton trailer and large dump truck to haul it.The only thing bad is these are hard to find and you probably would never find any used parts.

  3. #3fpgm042010-05-09 20:03

    In answer to your 480D weight question, the weight depends on how it is optioned. The basic 480D would approximately be 10000 lbs with standard buckets. Optional equipment such as extendahoe, full cab, various counterweights, and large buckets will add more.

  4. #4groundloop2010-05-09 21:51

    any one know what a newholland 555 weighs?