Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

backhoes. . .cat or case??

jm3excavating ยท 2005-10-03 20:55

Looking at either a Case 580 super L or a Cat 416C Trying to decide on one or the other. .. . each have extendahoes, enclosed cab, 4x4, and such I like Case because of the extendahoe design, better front bucket breakout force I like Cat because there is more backhoe bucket breakout force, a roomier cab, 2 stick controls are more common, wider front buckets GIVE ME SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT AND CONSIDER, TO HELP LEAN TOWARDS ONE OR THE OTHER. . . .. THANKYOU!!!!!!!! :eek2 Oh, by the way, nice website. I been snooping around on it for about a year and joined a few minutes b 4 i just posted this

Replies2
  1. #1cat3202005-10-03 21:09

    I think I would go with the case for the the reason of twin piston front bucket the e-hoe that you mentioned. I have a 580L iwth all the normal stuff 4x4 ,e-hoe

  2. #2Steve Frazier2005-10-04 00:33

    Next to machine performance and comfort, I feel dealer support is the most important factor in considering brands. Which dealer is best equipped to get you up and running if something breaks? The machine can't earn you money when it's broke, who can get you back in the dirt the fastest and most reliably?