I have certainly had better days. A customer of mine called me about 8:30 and said "your operator just tipped over the crane into the power lines". I first asked if he was kidding me, then when he said his next call was the fire dept. I knew I better head that way. No one got hurt, not the operator, or the guys landing the compressor. Pictures are online right now - search branson crane power outage or something like that and they will show up. My operator was understandably pretty shook up. I'm still shook up. We used my 25 ton crane and 2 wreckers to set it back on its outriggers. I'll post some more pictures later, I'm too stressed right now to mess with it. I told everyone to go home and hug the wife and kids, between 14 thousand pounds of compressor, high voltage lines and the compressor full of anhydrous ammonia, and the crane falling, it could have killed all of them. God was certainly watching over all of them.
That's a rough ride crane operator. I found a pic of the incident, but declined posting it here because I don't have permission from you. That was the correct call to tell everyone to go home and hug the kids and wife, I'm amazed the outrigger extension cylinders didn't collapse from the weight bearing on them. You came out real good in a bad situation.
Glad everything went as well as it did. At times like this all you can do is count your blessings
Hate to hear about it crane operator.You showed good judgement and leadership with responding quickly and advising the crew with the recovery.Glad to see no one was hurt as equipment can be repaired or replaced.Keep chin up & God bless.
That is the Grace of God . So many ways that could have been much worse .
You handled it well. Good to see everyone is OK.
A good reminder that you have to know your foundation before a critical lift. Also, you have to be very, very careful when swinging.