Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bad FINAL DRIVES ON MY Komatsu pc27r mini excavator

Pa Highwayman ยท 2011-07-30 12:15

PA Highwayman, I found your site by shear luck, I've been in the construction industry for 30 years and I,ve so far enjoyed everything I read! I like to say Hello to every one and right now my main issues are bad FINAL DRIVES ON MY Komatsu pc27r mini excavator final drives they are Nachi model # PHV-250-37-9-8396A any help please!

Replies22
  1. #1digger242j2011-07-30 15:48

    I moved this post here from the 'Introduce yourself' section. Hopefully somebody will be able to lend a hand. Maybe a quick description of the specific problem would be helpful.

  2. #2MrKomatsu2011-07-30 16:55

    more info is needed......:Banghead

  3. #3Pa Highwayman2011-07-30 17:54

    Bad komatsu drivess on my komatsu mini excavator model pc27r8 HI, I am new and I will read to conform how to post. I am in need of help with 2 bad final Drives the machine serial # is 11477 The Final Drives are Nachi Model PHV-250-37-9-8396A ONE DRIVE NEEDS PARTS SUCH AS SWASH PLATE , 9 PISTONS W SHOES, AND 3 OTHER PARTS. The other drive will work only after you engage it and it has about 2 minute delay then it works. I need advice can some body help?Either reply here or if its ok you can email me, Highwayman at [email protected] thanks so much I do have a drive drawing if some one can tell me how to up load it.

  4. #4digger242j2011-07-30 19:36

    We always like it when the wisdom is shared with everybody, by posting it here. That's our whole reason for existing. Willie59 put together a great tutorial on how to post images, here .

  5. #5MrKomatsu2011-07-30 22:13

    there is a company in NJ...Devco corp....they have all parts and stuff

  6. #6finaldrive2011-07-31 21:48

    Pa Highwayman. I'm the largest supplier of excavator final drives in North America. We also collaborate with company's in England, Australia and New Zealand to form The Final Drive Centre I received your message and have replied. We'll help you.

  7. #7Pa Highwayman2011-08-01 08:53

    Thank you Final Drive , I have replied to pm

  8. #8Pa Highwayman2011-08-01 18:37

    No Help With Bad Drives I received no help, I really hoped I could save some money and fix my machine but after 48 hrs of search I have come up with buying 2new ones since nobody will sell parts individually and I have 2 of these Machines down oh well time to buy new one since No one came back to help and Devco won't sell Nachi Drives without tacking on Komatsu's price, But after 15 hrs of research i have the new drive# and a full chart to match up before I buy! Thanks Anyway Highway!

  9. #9finaldrive2011-08-01 22:47

    Sorry, we tried to call you three times today and never got through. No voicemail, nothing. Difficult to help during non-business hours. Message posted on a Saturday..I tried!

  10. #10alco2011-08-02 02:16

    Perhaps a change of brand with your new purchase would be in order then.

  11. #11yanmarman2011-08-04 21:25

    best of luck :notworthy:cool2maybe you should buy an yanmar,i have no problems getting parts. why did final drives go bad ,how many hours. how much for nem drives

  12. #12Pa Highwayman2011-08-08 17:40

    Thanks Mr. Komatsu, No Help from Devco, and no referral for parts. Itseems Komatsu Has a proprietary deal with Nachi Final Drives and parts can only be obtained thru Komatsu. I found parts for every other drive and the machine has been down since J uly 4 th weekend. I refuse to ask Komatsu for a price since they tack on a "proprietary fee" and I can't afford it. Do you have any other ideas.

  13. #13Pa Highwayman2011-08-08 17:46

    The one final Drive hesitates when you operate it about a 2 min delay, and the other Drive needs Hydraulic section Repaired. parts like swash plate, 9 pistons and shoes , retainer plate, but i cant find parts in the usa.

  14. #14MrKomatsu2011-08-09 15:27

    please post sn: of pc27r....there is seven different finals for that model.......

  15. #15finaldrive2011-08-09 15:43

    Actually there is only 2 options. S/N 10001 and up for USA takes 20P-60-81101 All other serial numbers ranges (that begin with F) takes 843000184 20P-60-81101 is the Nachi PHV-250-37-9-8396A

  16. #16MrKomatsu2011-08-09 16:07

    like i said i worked for the manufactor of this motor,,,,we made seven differnt models for the pc27r...

  17. #17finaldrive2011-08-09 16:14

    You worked for Nachi?

  18. #18Jlillie22011-08-30 09:56

    Ha, I was thinking the same thing.... I wouldn't mind talking to one their reps about how quickly they discontinue service parts.....

  19. #19finaldrive2011-08-30 17:05

    I can answer that. I asked them the same thing while sitting in their conference room. They are supposed to support for 10 years, but 4 years is more realistic. I asked how they can possibly treat customers such as Komatsu with this kind of service..? They did not answer or seem to care. I can tell you that the construction parts division is a fraction of what they do. The plant for this was in the back of the small city that they occupied. It seemed very clear to me that they could care less whether they even had this division. It was almost as if they were obligated to do it....very strange..

  20. #20Jlillie22011-08-31 15:38

    Yea, I believe you and i talked about this very same thing a while back about my Takeuchi TB25, I ended up just pulling the thing apart and fixing it. But I would have bought one had they offered a replacement. (And I certainly would have bought parts to freshen it up.) You would think that they would spin their legacy stuff off to someone, I mean, their manufacturing gear still works, give it to someone that will use the molds. I can still get parts for a 1945 Ford tractor, but a 1985 Takeuchi....... HMmmm not so much... B-)

  21. #21finaldrive2011-09-01 18:01

    They destroy the molds. I asked about that specifically as well.

  22. #22Jlillie22011-09-01 21:02

    Like Ron White says: "you can't fix stupid." I'm surprised that the OEM(s) would even go with them in the future, they must see that they are losing out on a huge aftermarket in repair/ maintenance.