Asked a question on google and what came up was ridiculous. The guy said hydraulic hoses should changed in pairs because of undo wear and tear. That just seems dumb. One hose can get a leak and the other hose is perfectly fine. It also said on a quick attach backhoe you shouldn't couple the hoses together when you take it off because of cross mixing of fluids. How do get cross mixing from the same fluid?? Too bad there wasn't a way video's or information on the net had to be verified before it gets used as the Google answer.
Welcome to the world of AI, junk in = junk out. Google AI has no way of knowing the information is correct, it just summarizes what it finds and presents it as truth. It could be using a forum post or youtube video from someone with no knowledge of the subject, or even worse a pervious AI summary of that same bad information. It's a terrible cycle and one of the biggest flaws in AI. I read an article a while back that said as few as 250 bad data points in an AI model of billions of data points can cause the whole thing to become invalid. People are now using this against AI by 'poisoning' it with bad information.
So, to summarize, Welder Dave is correct about the bad information. If you need to change one hose, you need to change them all, and to minimize the effects of cross contamination, change your hydraulic fluid twice daily.
Ive witnessed fluid get changed twice in a day after hoses kept popping maybe theres some truth!
And be sure to use oxygen free copper wires in everything where you want pure electricity!
Yes, this is all good advice.
I would say its application matters i had a swather back in my farming days it would blow a main drive hose on the hydrostat and you would change the other 3 cause at least 2 more of them were going to let go in the next 150 hours On some of the backhoes if we change a main boom hose the down time and cost of spending 3 grand to replace all 8 at the same time is cheaper than loosing a day every time one goes especially when cat made the fittings proprietary and would take a day just to make the hoses Food for thought
I can see changing other hoses if there are signs of aging or damage or hard to get at but changing just because you changed the opposite hose is throwing money away needlessly. It might make sense on a main production machine but for a machine that isn't used a lot not so much.
Then there the battery fluid that never get changed even though there's all the dirty volts and amps charging around inside.
Can you use the same amps twice, or is once all they're good for ? Joe H
On a welder forum.....a newbie posted what they thought was good info. They asked AI about the different shielding gasses.... it started with Argon, CO2, Helium etc. And then added Propane, and then Acetylene as good to use for MIG welding shielding gas.....
AI uses info from HEF google--if asked a question about a D6, it goes directly to that notorious thread.
Grok @X does to in a roundabout way. A positive, it could get real busy here but hopefully without bots
That's a great thread. Like a good book that you've read 10 times, it's still worth picking up and going through it again, especially knowing how it ends.
What thread are you talking about?
HeavyEquipmentForums
I thought it was the thread that was never to be mentioned.
Thread was daunting. Note---I only made one reply on page 30 I believe, and gave no advise. I was busy finishing building a tow unit and starting on the mack. But it just about cleared the gallery of advise givers including some 50 plus people. I had enough to do.
I kept pushing him and it paid off but it could have been a much shorter thread if just did something instead of questioning snd second guessing the advice he was getting. I do believe that dealer was trying to screw him and was glad he got to keep his Cat and it was fixed properly but what an ordeal!
That's why you replace the battery filter because it traps the dirt in the volts and amps moving around - DUH I thought every one knew this!
No clue about that thread - never seen it. Now if the topic of "orange cancer" and/or "driveshafts snapping due to steep driveways" - we gotta problem. Digger knows.
Don't see many of these redimix copters I saw it on the internet, google says it's true. Joe H 85K views · 212 reactions | #usa #BuildingDreams #fypシ #helicopter #concreteconstruction | yusuff best international Ltd #usa #BuildingDreams #fypシ #helicopter #concreteconstruction www.facebook.com
Link?
Lol - Those threads are buried so deep I don't have the time to find them all. I'm talking 16-18 years ago.
Gotcha, time to see what google-fu turns up
Just about every time i blew a hose on my backhoe . Would get 2 hoses made , to have one on hand when the other one let go . Ended up with a shed full of spare hoses .
Buying a spare seal kits works too, no more leakie. Joe H