No wonder this thing leaked like a pig Assembling the seal kit from Dave Laing.
Bushing was destroyed and bore egg shaped 3/8'' A little weld Boring boring and more boring Some new bushings A little paint, new hoses and now, good outrigger. More paint comes later.
Nice job Blueboy. My backhoe was designed to not have bushings at all. I had to do my stabilizers a little differently. I used a cutting torch to open up the bores large enough to be able to install new bushings that would fit a new OEM pin. I put the bushings in the bores, then inserted the pin so they were lined up correctly. I preheated the stabilizer with a big propane torch and then brazed the bushings to the stabilizers.
Thanks Tinkerer, it helps to have a milling machine in your garage. It's a very old Bridgeport with worn out ways but it gets the job done. Machining is what I do for a living. And when I used to live in Tucson Az. I did this sort of thing all the time. Only the manual horizontal and vertical boring mills and mining equipment being repaired was much larger. These days it's smaller parts and CNC machines. And I'm not in my 20's and 30's or 40's anymore. But life is good, thanks to JC. I think the moral of the story is keep the grease gun handy.
Dang it's nice to have the right tools! :notworthy
You almost bring tears to my eyes Blueboy. Two things I wanted most of my working life were a milling machine and a lathe. As you read in my first post I always had to do everything the hard way. I could see in your post that you take great pride in your work. That is a nice thing to see.