found this on dhs pict is not mine just thought id shere
Oh Dear!....I don't think thats gunna buff out Any ideas what happened?
bummer, never seen equipment catch fire before....
the story is on dhs diecast . I will ask the the person to come over here and explain . I THINK HE SAID ITS UNDER INVESTIGATION. sorry not yelling hit caps lock
I was going to say what it was that caused this, but edited it after some consideration over ethics. Brian
man thats a bad deal , I hope they had insurance , and that the operator is ok , I have seen equipment burn once and it can go up pretty fast
So are we thinking, not a technical fault
ouch!! I was hanging with a corporate CAT demonstrator the other day and he said he just got back from china wer he delivered 5 24M blades at one time.
Yeah shes Baked good and proper. Gonna be a pricey re-build. A chain of un-fortunate events caused the complete wipe-out. Ross
Don't forget to add the incompetence on the part of those who preformed the repairs to the fittings. Brian
see they might have a few bugs after all...
A fire dont mean it has bugs dude. Anything can burn
Ha Ha Ha News Travels fast around here. That was number 3 in the line of disasters. I think the powers to be must be blamed as they gave the go ahead and over looked other things before the fire happened. Yup the M has a few teething problems like all machine's. Ross
Look on the bright side, 6 very good tyres looking for a new home bet the cutting edge is worth saving also. Roast cat dont sound as appealing as roast duck! which is what got written on a wheelie over here a few years back I assume ( never assume :Banghead ) it was not deliberate sabotage, but neither was it completely down to a manufacturing fault :beatsme
Gee...you just have to stop being so negative...with a little elbow grease...:beatsme Seriously though..what a shame..
MMM Tandem Tires are shot. On a lighter note the front end is worth 400k as it is. Also, The ripper looks pretty clean! The machine didnt burn up random. Chain of events caused this. Its sitting in the yard now, Sight for sore eye's. Ross
I wouldn't go anywhere near those tires with air in them. Those things would be like bombs with a lit fuse that you would have no idea when they were gonna go off. I've seen burnt tires blow three days after the fire when they looked pretty much fine. Brian
Guess that fire suppression system isn't much good or the operator didn't stick around to hit it.
was just a joke gavin... seems wierd blades up n rippers are down might of been ripping that always knocks em about if ya having a bit of a go!!!
mmm would sure be good to hear about the events that led up to the heated moment in its life, I wander if the ripper's hydraulic line was burnt releasing the oil and allowing them to drop where'as the blade was far enouf forward that the hoses were spared hence the blade still being up
I don't see any ripper marks leading to the ripper. I think it probably burnt the hose holding the ripper up like Redline said. Curious what went wrong though.
parts We keep gently prodding are you going to elaberate on that chain of events :cool2 I never thought about the heat damage to tyres even if they didn't burn :Banghead Front ends worth 400k, + rippers ! You dont think they'll go for a rebuild then, just strip it for parts and scrap the rest ? Whats a new one cost anyways?
Dont worry about the tire's. They are safe. No air in them now. No. Cannot say as we dont know for sure. Looks likley for a re-build. $900k and counting so far. $1.8 Million Ross
Bright side. Hi, Grader4me. Another point on the bright side is that there is a faint possibility of a lesson to be learned here. A case where an inquiry just might serves some useful purpose besides the dubious purpose of keeping the enquirers employed.
So was it careless smoking? lol
I dont think any lesson's will be learned by this fire TBH. This Aint the first multi-million Dollar machine to burn up here this year. The Investigation is to decide Who will pay for the damage. The only reason its on-going is CAT cannot supply a new machine for atleast 4 month. Ross P.S We now think this machine will be sent to the scrapyard in the sky.
pretty new hold on to parts and get top dollar for them some one will needs parts when some one abuses one and tears it up sell them for a little under what cat wants for them new
Check out just above the ripper... Not like those could have helped. Thats a lot of Rand for a new grader (13 million Rand). I'd like to know what the hour clock looked like...
One thing I'm curious about, is why in the first and second pictures of the machine on this thread, you can see that the second number and letter have been "painted" over. It looks to me like it was done on a computer program? Anyone know why? While doing a reclamation in one of Newmont's mine's in Nevada in 2006, they burned a 24H to the ground that had less than 300 total hours on it. The end result looked a little worse than this machine considering the machine's fire managed to catch part of the fuel pump station on fire as well. This is the third 24 I've heard of burning to the ground in the last 2 1/2 years.
Yup. I covered some of the stickers with black paint. Hide's Infomation about the mining company and location. I also cut the photo's to cut people and other equipment out of the original's A few people probably know where this happened. Ross