Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ball Bearing is a important tool for the Industry.

sheetalsagar ยท 2012-08-30 04:05

Ball bearing is a type of rolling element bearing that uses balls to maintain the separation between the bearing races. its main purpose of a ball bearing is to reduce rotational friction and support radial and axial loads.

Replies41
  1. #1digger242j2012-08-30 07:08

    There's certainly no denying that. Why did you feel the need to share that bit of information with us? Although, as I think of it, this is probably an appropriate time to invite our entire membership to share their feelings about ball bearings. I'll start. I love ball bearings. They're just so........ round.

  2. #2kshansen2012-08-30 09:25

    Ball bearings are real "guy bearing", They have the Balls for tough work.

  3. #3mitch5042012-08-30 09:50

    kshansen gets my vote for best post of the month.:drinkup Digger gets my vote for how best to turn chicken poop into chicken salad. My only regret is that I have nothing to contribute(yet). :beatsme

  4. #4Orchard Ex2012-08-30 11:25

    Ball bearings have many other uses as well. They can be ammo for a slingshot or a bucketful can be poured onto the shop floor as coworkers are walking about... a la The 3 Stooges. Yes Ball Bearings are wonderful things.

  5. #5Dualie2012-09-01 03:31

    i prefere tapered roller bearings. ball bearings are so last century. Unless your talking about ceramic ball bearings then i might get excited.

  6. #6cutting edge2012-09-01 09:45

    Lemme tel you what i do with my balls........

  7. #7dirtmonkey2012-09-01 09:52

    Don't forget , they work well in claymore mines ! :naughty

  8. #8mitch5042012-09-01 14:51

    I love ball bearings: so round, so firm, so fully packed (w/ grease)

  9. #9rare ss2012-09-01 23:52

    i prefer nice tight bushes alot more that ball bearings

  10. #10gravelwasher2012-09-02 22:46

    I more into ball screws. That just sounds so wrong.

  11. #11madisonmiller2012-09-03 03:42

    Yes, It helps a lot. The purpose of a ball bearing is to reduce rotational friction and support radial and axial loads.

  12. #12CM19952012-09-03 09:53

    Exactly.:Cowboy That's why my favorite bearing is the Muffler Bearing, although they have to be designed to withstand the high heat associated with mufflers and exhaust systems.

  13. #13blitz1382012-09-03 11:08

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5EAVKiWAqY

  14. #14OldandWorn2012-09-03 14:36

    That was interesting. Talk about a sale that could alter a companies history.

  15. #15JNB2012-09-03 15:04

    This one has done quite well considering the hostile environment and lack of grease.

  16. #16gravelwasher2012-09-03 20:19

    Some one let me know that a ball screw was to far out into left field. So i'm posting a youtube that i found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6qNn9-nkk

  17. #17Hendrik2012-09-03 20:38

    Speaking of balls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg I do know if a ball bearing lets go it is a big drama, like dropping molten bits of metal into a field of wheat.

  18. #18blitz1382012-09-04 12:13

    My 2 year old loves that little video....I thought it was pretty neat.

  19. #19rabia2012-09-10 06:47

    hahahaha...nice discussion guys ball bearings are very important tool. These used to control speed and maintain pressure especially on rough though roads. These also reduce friction.

  20. #20Buckethead2012-09-15 23:50

    So THAT'S what they're for! See, you do learn something new every day.:cool2

  21. #21lixingwen19872014-12-08 00:42

    Almost every machine need bearings to work.

  22. #22Harini2015-01-06 02:12

    Every bearing has its own specialty in working based on that specialty we want to choose bearings.

  23. #23CM19952015-01-06 10:03

    And we ban people who come to our Forum only to advertise their goods and services - we call them spammers, hmmm SPAMM.

  24. #24old-iron-habit2015-01-06 11:04

    My favorite use for ball bearing are to use them for "steelies" while playing marbles as I enter my second childhood. For any other use they need greese and greesing is no fun. LOL

  25. #25fixou8122015-01-06 13:04

    Just wondering why in the old war movies they were always bombing the ball bearing factories? Why are they covered in chrome. one of my favorite bearings had brass between the rollers, To keep them from rubbing together? How do you grind a ball bearing? I mean it's not like it's got a handle. ....and why are they so expensive

  26. #26Harini2015-01-13 01:11

    Ball bearings are best for maximum axial load and minimum, radial load with high speed applications.

  27. #27Ben Witter2015-01-13 18:42

    Spam mmmmmmmm yummy

  28. #28monster762015-01-13 18:54

    all i can say about muffler bearings is that people joked about exhaust fluid in the past.....

  29. #29CM19952015-01-13 19:37

    I ordered a pipe stretcher today, never had a use for one before but we're a little shy of 18" ADS on a current job. Just need a few feet and didn't want to order another 20' joint.

  30. #30monster762015-01-13 20:09

    Thats what she said

  31. #31CM19952015-01-13 20:21

    I have a clever anecdote to reply to that but then I'd have to ban myself.:tong

  32. #32willie592015-01-13 20:27

    I can help ya with that.

  33. #33monster762015-01-13 20:38

    Thats why pm's are a wonderful tool kinda like ball bearings

  34. #34CM19952015-01-13 20:44

    Two way street buddy..:tong :lmao

  35. #35willie592015-01-13 21:02

    Well, if we were to both hit the "button" at the exact same time, do ya suppose digger would be nice enough to let us back in? :beatsme

  36. #36digger242j2015-01-14 01:05

    You'd find a nice pictorial in the 'Shop made equipment' thread about the bar I fabbed up for the door... :cool2

  37. #37old-iron-habit2015-01-14 12:00

    This is so funny I need ball bearing to ROTFL. Thanks for the laughs.

  38. #38fixou8122016-05-23 21:33

    Even though Ball Bearing are complicated. .....their soon to be obsolete.

  39. #39stephen19942016-07-05 03:32

    This topic really helped me a lot because I was searching more about Ball Bearing and stuffs in order to help me with my project in physics. I really appreciate it. Thank you for this! Hope you could help me through this forum. Thank you!

  40. #40fixou8122016-10-05 08:12

    The Ball Bearing is the Motor I made this video for you Stephen....Youtube just like above The Ball Bearing is the Motor

  41. #41dirtmonkey2016-10-20 18:17

    I can't believe this thread is still going. I haven't posted here in a LONG time. Lol.