Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ball joint on the blade

D6B_dude ยท 2011-08-05 03:31

Hello. I have a Case 1450B with a 6 way blade. In the center of the blade is a ball joint, and it is is worn out. Where can one find a new one (or used) ?

Replies5
  1. #1Greg2011-08-05 08:32

    I am sure that any used ones you may find would be worn out too. This is a high impact high wear part on any dozer.

  2. #2heavywrench2011-08-05 08:34

    take apart and use hard surface weld on it

  3. #3alrman2011-08-05 08:42

    There is a self aligning bearing (item #16) usually fitted there - is that what you are looking for, or the carrier (item #14) for the bearing? If it is the bearing, there will be a number on it & you should be able to purchase at a local bearing supplier. I say, should........, some of them are unusual sizes & not easily obtained. I have bought both parts, genuine from Case dealer - ex USA

  4. #4D6B_dude2011-08-05 17:05

    I think I need to buy all the parts in the picture. Parts for Case is expensive in Norway. Is it possible to purchase a complete fix to another brand and customize it to my dozer?

  5. #5alrman2011-08-05 17:46

    Have you pulled it apart yet? When the bearing is gone they can have quite alot of movement, maybe that is all you need?