Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bandit 1590 with Cat/Perkins 3054c no fuel pressure

pat134 ยท 2018-09-24 11:37

I have a Cat/Perkins 3054c in a Bandit 1590 chipper. I'm not getting any fuel pressure. This has the electric lift pump so I tested the pump by wiring it direct and that runs fine. I loosened the connectors at the injectors and still no pressure there while cranking. I haven't been able to locate a schematic for it but it looks like there may be a solenoid on the injection pump. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2018-09-24 12:27

    An engine Serial Number would most likely get you a schematic ........

  2. #2Birken Vogt2018-09-24 13:26

    This is the engine with the injection pump in the block running off the cam shaft, correct? The solenoid behind the pump facing rearward? The solenoid has a long pin that is pushed out by a spring and pulled back by electricity. Unscrewing it from the block should (removing the pin that pushes the rack off) get it to run but make sure you have another way to shut it down. You can watch it move if it is out.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-09-24 15:23

    GOTTA KNOW which fuel system u have.. {prob. a Delphi}

  4. #4partsandservice2018-09-24 23:28

    Fuel shutoff solonoid?

  5. #5pat1342018-09-26 11:00

    Yes it's the Delphi pump and the engine serial # is 33408726 I'm thinking your right and it's the shut off solenoid. I'm still trying to locate a schematic though, is there a way to safely test or bypass the solenoid?

  6. #6thepumpguysc2018-09-26 16:48

    You can unplug & plug it back to hear it click.. or take it out & test it on a battery w/ wires & clips.

  7. #7pat1342018-10-01 14:10

    Got it going thanks for the help! Two corroded relays for the fuel system was the problem.