Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bantam abm-53

ryanmueller ยท 2017-08-06 18:34

I'm looking for any information on my 1954 bantam. It has a 25 foot fixed length boom. I don't think it was ever used for digging because it didn't have a fairlead or tagline. It's mounted on a 1952 reo stuibaker m44. I have manuals for the upper and lower.

Replies7
  1. #1ryanmueller2017-08-06 21:36
  2. #2ryanmueller2017-08-06 21:39

    Few more pictures of it. I made the fairlead for running a dragline

  3. #3td25c2017-08-07 07:09

    I love it ! Did you get the shovel attachment with it ? Nice work on the fairlead , that's going to be a handy rig for sure !

  4. #4ryanmueller2017-08-07 08:30

    Td25c, no it did not come with any attachments.

  5. #5old-iron-habit2017-08-07 22:02

    What a cool machine. I for sure would have room for it at my place. Thanks for the pictures.

  6. #6alskdjfhg2017-08-09 19:43

    Oh that thing looks as handy as your right hand. I'd grabs something like that in a heart beat. Old friction rigs (especially the small ones) seem to be pretty rare down here.

  7. #7ryanmueller2017-08-09 19:53

    Yeah it's pretty handy and it was given to me and my can't beat free. Both engines were sized when I got it but I got the upper freed up and running within a few hours and the lower took a couple weeks.