Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bantam C-350 Crane

craneguy · 2011-08-17 14:55

Looking for Information on a C-350 Bantam. I have a parts book but am looking for a manual for this crane. It's in pretty good condition but as it was used to load logs on to a sawmill and not moved very often. As a result there are problems with the steering system.

Replies33
  1. #1orville2011-08-18 21:33

    Are you sure you have enough axels on your truck and trailer to haul the Bantam? The book I have is a parts and service manual for a C-450. In the back of the manual is index to maintenance groups 15 through 18 C-350 & C-450 a section on transmission & controls, vertical drive shaft, car body & lower drive shaft, turn controls, digging Locks. Crawler Frame, Tracks, & Grousers. Your parts manual might have a service section also. Nice looking Crane does not look beat up at all.

  2. #2chuck jacobs2011-08-19 22:07

    when i bought my c350 ,i had to change a big old roller bearing ,must have been at least six inches diameter. it was attached to a sprocket that drove the chain to move a track.crane was used in a gravel pit,and dug a lot used in building interstate I 94 in southwest michigan to the indiana line. the 353 detroit still ran fine,but the center pin bearing needed work when i got rid of it.should have fixed it ,i miss that crane.i still have the manual.almost threw it away several times ,its in the back seat of my jeep wrangler

  3. #372hayes2011-09-01 20:05

    I remember back in 76 there was a real nice 350 at the town garbage dump south of town. It had the hoe front and shovel front there as well. Is this the same machine and if so did you get the other booms for it? Doug

  4. #4q4016lanz2011-09-01 21:44

    Nice old crane chers john

  5. #5craneguy2011-09-09 11:58

    It could be but I don't know where the crane come from orignally. It's been at an old sawmill in the Fort Mcmurray area for many years. We did get a hoe front with it. A dragline bucket for this crane would be nice to have.

  6. #6mandyaustin2011-10-30 21:39

    Bantam C350 Craneguy, I am interested in purchasing your Bantam Crane. The one I see in the picture. Let me know if you are interested in selling it. Please contact Paul Austin at 504-915-0295 or via email [email protected] Thank you.

  7. #7craneguy2011-11-21 15:08

    Sorry the Bantam is not for sale. Check your private messages for the name of a guy that may have a Bantam for sale.

  8. #8digrmangolf2011-12-28 22:04

    bantam Good looking bantam, crane guy.I looked all over for a bucket for my bantam,but I might know where you can get one in Alberta.

  9. #9muzy2011-12-29 00:18

    Some small cranes over here. I'l take a look to see what they are. Get back sunday sometime. muzy

  10. #10muzy2012-01-01 17:37

    Took a few pics. did not see any Bantums there thou. Apeared to all be Link Belt. Here is the plie of buckets.

  11. #11muzy2012-01-03 00:57

    And one of the dragline, think there is 5 or 6

  12. #12UnitCrane5142012-07-05 16:33

    Bantam Manual Do you still have this book? If you are not in need of your manual anymore I will gladly take it off your hands for 25$. PM me when you get a chance!

  13. #13Captain Nemo2012-08-24 03:39

    Unitcrane514, Did you get the book from Chuck Jacobs ? I could really use a copy.. Anyone out there have any books on a Bantam C- 350 ? phone 907-2991696 Mike Kennedy

  14. #14craneguy2012-08-24 09:42

    Chuck is supposed to be mailing me his manual. When I get it I will scan it and send you a copy. He hasn't been online for a while so I hope every thing is okay with him.

  15. #15UnitCrane5142012-08-24 16:21

    Bantam Manual When you get that manual from Chuck would you mind making me a copy too? My email is [email protected] so let me know if you can help me out and I will email you my address for you. Thanks for your time!

  16. #16Captain Nemo2012-08-25 01:00

    A little help out there, I just saved a Bantam C350 that was going to be scrapped. It is rough but is almost complete and has potential. My immediate problem is that the starter is completely missing in action. It has the Continental F244 gasoline engine . I am thinking that it had a Delco starter. Can anyone help me out with a starter number ? Is the machine 12 volt ? How about the number of teeth on the bendix ?

  17. #17craneguy2012-08-26 12:18

    There is a gas Continental engine in mine. Give me a couple of days and I will try to see if there is a number on the starter. The electrical system is 6 volts on my machine so yours might be the same.

  18. #18bigshow2012-08-26 16:41

    I have a jensales reproduction manual for the T,C,CR-350's, I looked through and could only come up with a starter for a 12-volt system, numbers as follows: F245M-200. This is the only starter information I could find is for a Continental F227, there is a note that says this manual was issued in 65, and revised in 69. There is a parts diagram for a GM 3-53, an A.C. G-226, And anA.C. D-262 diesel. My manual shows no 244, this is all the information I can come up with, my apologies. I also went out to see if I could find a parts number on my starter with no luck. My T-350 has a mid 11,000s serial #, it has a continental gas, but I couldn't tell you off hand for sure which it is, I think it's the F-227. If you could come up with a serial number I may be able to help more, Mine is also a 6volt starter

  19. #19craneguy2012-08-28 18:26

    I pulled the starter out of our crane. It appears to have a Continental gasoline engine but I can't seem to find the serial or model number on it. It is a 6 volt Autolite Starter and the number is MCL 6131 10M. The tag is in poor condition and some of the numbers are harde to read. There are 9 teeth on the bendix. I will try to post some pictures for you of the starter after I resize them. Hope that helps

  20. #20craneguy2012-08-29 10:31
  21. #21craneguy2012-08-29 10:33

    Still learning how to do the pics

  22. #22Captain Nemo2012-08-30 23:41

    Craneguy, WOW,,,,this is a big help...I should be on the way to finding the right starter...I see an alternator on your machine. It must be 6 volt ??

  23. #23craneguy0012018-10-02 23:36

    Here’s some Bantams in my collection. I google Bantam about once a month or so to see if there’s any new ones to add. I have parts for sale off my parts machines if y’all ever need anything. Glad to see others are keeping these old girls alive still

  24. #24Tugger22018-10-03 09:01

    Thats a nice collection. Would you have a sprag clutch for the boom hoist power lowering on a T 350?

  25. #25craneguy0012018-10-03 09:12

    All but one of mine are worm gear driven boom hoists and the one that is is still running. Are you dead set on sprag or would you be interested in converting it to power down? I know where to get a new sprag clutch assembly but it’s around $1500 which is why if mine ever goes out it’s gong to be replaced with a worm gear power down

  26. #26Tugger22018-10-03 09:25

    I did find a new one at the bearing supplier for 2200.00 up here. Ive noticed the worm drive option in my parts book i guess id have to think about converting if i could find one .

  27. #27craneguy0012018-10-03 09:37

    I guess they have gone up since I checked a few years ago while looking for parts. I have a worm gear boom hoist I’d part with. Where are you located?

  28. #28Tugger22018-10-03 09:40

    Im in British Columbia

  29. #29craneguy0012018-10-03 09:41

    I’d be looking for a used machine up there unless you don’t mind paying the shipping

  30. #30Tugger22018-10-03 09:50

    Theres not many left up here . Im headed off to work right now but ill think about the worm hoist and get back to you. My Bantam is in good shape except for the boom hoist .

  31. #31craneguy0012018-10-03 11:49

    I’m out of Colorado and can have one on a pallet and shipped to you

  32. #32Tugger22018-10-05 10:39

    Ive read up on the different boom hoists in my manual.Im not sure if converting to the worm drive over rebuilding the sprag is the way to go. Is the worm drive much of an improvement over the sprag?

  33. #33LegueMarine2021-02-11 14:16

    Hey guys just came across this old thread and thought Id ask, Ive got a 70's c-350 that needs a sprag installed. Now I've got the part but my Father lent our maintenance manual to a friend who passed away and of course we didnt get it back. Was wondering if anyone would have one that I could buy a copy of or buy a physical copy. The lake is frozen up here in Ontario and its maintenance time on the old girl, I want to get it fixed before thw ice goes out as this is our main machine for our work on the barge. Any help would be amazing.