Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BANTAM C 450

Jeff Townsend · 2021-11-04 16:04

Does anyone know if this is a 12v or 24v system starter seems to be really dragging then wont turn over twice i was told it was a 1966 or where i can get a manual

Replies5
  1. #1FWD2021-11-04 18:32

    I had a C451 which was a 73 model, I believe. It had a 453 Detroit engine and was a 12 volt system. What engine does your C450 have? FWD

  2. #2Jeff Townsend2021-11-04 20:50

    Not sure the size this is the engine tag

  3. #3FWD2021-11-04 21:49

    I don't think you can post a picture until you have a few posts, maybe 5, but I'm not sure? FWD

  4. #4FWD2021-11-04 21:59

    I did a search on C450's and every one that had an engine picture had a Detroit Diesel and to the best of my knowledge would be 12 volt systems. FWD

  5. #5spitzair2021-11-06 14:29

    I used to have a C450 with the 4-53 and it was a 12v system. Getting the starter out was a bit of an exercise because there is 1 bolt on the back that has a 12 point head on it and there is very little room to turn a wrench in there, hence the 12 point bolt so you don’t need to turn it as far to get a new bite with the wrench.