Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bantam c166 drive issues

shamilton041487 · 2024-08-03 15:03

I have a bantam c166 that will only drive in one direction it goes fine forward but will not go backwards any one ever dealt with this problem before or have any suggestions on what to check or what it could be thanks Samantha

Replies4
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-08-04 04:27

    unfortunately I don't have any info in my collection for one of these machines but I would take a guess and suggest checking out the center joint / rotary joint to see if maybe some of the seals have blown and are bypassing. Kind regards

  2. #2shamilton0414872024-08-12 15:17

    Well we got it all apart and turns out it’s the drive sprocket all the teeth r stripped out of where the axle goes In attached a photo. So my next question is any suggestions where I might be able to find parts for this thing not sure of the year but it’s a koehring bantam c166 serial # 63209

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-08-12 21:41

    Hopefully someone knows of an old Koehring dealer that's still in business. I doubt parts are available but you never know. You could check Machinery Trader for dismantled machines. A good machine shop may be able to come up with a solution.

  4. #4FWD2024-08-17 22:15

    I had one of these years ago. Terex ende up purchasing Koehring. I got parts from a Terex dealer, but that was nearly 20 years ago. I would think used parts. fwd