Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bantam Crane??

D2Denny ยท 2010-12-30 21:11

I recently picked up a 2-71 GM Diesel. I was told it came out of a Bantam Crane many years ago. It had a very strange power take off unit on it, with power outlets on both sides perpendicular to the flywheel face. I have attached a photo of the housing. Can anyone verify this. Thx D2Denny

Replies3
  1. #1chuck jacobs2011-07-16 20:11

    i believe one side is for your main and secondary hoist drum, and the other side controls power boom down,instead of slipping the boom brake to lower the boom.my old bantam did not have the power down feature,wish that it did.should never got rid of it,the guy i sold it to is still using it. you never know when you will need a crane around the shop. jake

  2. #2ibc2011-07-31 20:22

    Got any video of that 2/71 running?

  3. #3D2Denny2011-08-01 20:33

    Chuck. thanks for the reply. ibc. not running yet. have to clean it up and reinstall the injectors. May this fall D2denny