Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Basement Done

jboettcher ยท 2007-08-07 09:12

We completed the basement project last night (8-7-07). Foundation man was there to look at it and said we did an outstanding job. I want to thank everyone who gave their advice and encouragement. I will say this. If I was to advise someone in similar circumstances it would be this: It is just a hole and "just do it". That was probably the best advice I got on this thread. I don't want to be-little the good technical advice I got, but sometimes you can get to wrapped up in that stuff and nothing gets done. I'm still struggling with the picture posting, but still trying. I think I may have gotten one picture, we'll see. Myassitis from Missouri

Replies5
  1. #1jboettcher2007-08-07 09:41

    More Pictures I 've figured out this picture stuff so here is some more on the basement. They are pouring concrete tomorrow. Note the site construction supervisors.

  2. #2jboettcher2007-08-07 15:15

    Site Supervision Learned how to post attachments so here are some more.

  3. #3Cat4202007-08-07 15:34

    Looks good. I know what you mean about just doing it. Sometimes you talk about a job for half an hour or so and figure out exactly what you want to do, only to change it a minute after you start digging. Then there's other times that you wish you'd talked more ahead of time:Banghead . Me and my dad joke that we both speak english, but it still winds up being like two different languages. He never understands what I mean and vice versa. Needless to say it makes for some fun at times. Strangely enough, we understand each others hand signals like no two people you have every seen:beatsme .

  4. #4CM19952007-08-07 20:48

    :lmao Cat420 - That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while and I know exactly what you are talking about. I worked with my dad for many years, went out my own and now my pop is back in. Some things never change. Jboettcher - congrats on your first foundation!:thumbsup Building a personal home is quite a challenge with ample rewards. I wish you well in yall's endeavors - just watch out for those supervisors.

  5. #5digger242j2007-08-07 21:41

    Looks like you did good for your first one! Did you get any seat time, or did your son have all the fun? And the really important question--is Mrs. a believer yet, or is the highlift still a bad idea in her eyes?