Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Batteries for Volvo EC210CL

suladas ยท 2018-01-15 23:24

Went to my hoe tonight to set Espar timer to find out some ******* stole the batteries, so guess I need two new ones. SOB is lucky I didn't catch him. Not very bright though, there was $500 of sewer pipe sitting next to the hoe untouched and instead stole 2 used batteries that aren't worth a whole lot, just costs me a lot of aggravation. The only specs I was able to find are they need to be 12v 150AH, but nothing about CCA? I have 3 brand new truck batteries with 950 CCA no idea if they will work though? Also i'm trying to find diagram showing how the hook up so I don't do it wrong? Thankfully they undid the bolts and didn't cut anything.

Replies9
  1. #1mitch5042018-01-15 23:54

    Quick and easy to sell the batteries to a scrap yard, get enough for a hit.

  2. #2Delmer2018-01-15 23:55

    It might not be too late, they probably went straight to the scrap yard for their $20, and most scrap yards have to copy an ID these days, so even if you can't prove the batteries are yours, you just might get justice. Unless he's a hardworking thief that just needed to start his dear mother's car? The truck batteries will work if they fit. I prefer 750CCA batteries, they last longer than the higher CCA. 12 or 24V? 12 they're parallel, 24 they're series.

  3. #3suladas2018-01-16 00:02

    Hard to say, I am betting it was the next door neighbor. It's in a quiet older residential area with virtually no construction around, so not like it's an area with tons of people driving around. It snowed later that night that I used the hoe last, and they were stolen before it snowed. So not a big window. I bought the hoe a few months ago, I honestly wouldn't recognize the batteries if I saw them anyway as the cover covers virtually the entire thing so never seen the brand. The scrap place here is pretty shady, i've heard they buy copper from shady people at a lower price, no questions asked taking advantage of the fact that it's stolen to buy it cheaper. There is tons of room in the compartment, and I already have 3 of these batteries that have been sitting around for a few years (have kept them charged up) and they were only like $100. Yes it's 24v. I just want to make sure I don't put the wrong battery in and damage something. If the batteries don't last as long as the ideal ones, i'm not concerned, I have no use for these ones. I never worried about it that much, but will be making sure every single compartment is locked every single night now.

  4. #4Delmer2018-01-16 00:14

    First battery, negative to ground, positive to the negative terminal of second battery. Second battery positive is 24V to ground. As long as it's negative ground, and you can tell ground from hot. Connect that first ground last to reduce the possibility of a big spark.

  5. #5funwithfuel2018-01-16 06:41

    And Volvo batteries are odd sizes. You'll be able to fit a pair of 4D's in there, but the hold downs won't fit properly. Good luck.

  6. #60072018-01-16 06:43

    Sad to hear of your misfortune. You will find 150AH will be 950CCA or larger so i would not put the smaller battery's in. You just have to figure out what type of batterys you have, Floaded lead acid, Calcium, AGM and so on as they require slightly different charging voltages. You wont hurt your hoe if you put the wrong ones in , its just they may not charge up fully. If you post more details of your hoe and your batterys i will try to help. Cheers

  7. #7farmerlund2018-01-16 12:14

    My 210blc use two 4D batteries. that's what came in it from factory. I replaced with ones from NAPA when mine got old.

  8. #8cuttin edge2018-01-17 14:28

    Did he take the time to unbolt them? I always love it when they cut the cables. They cleaned our crusher spread a few years back. Took all the copper they could grab. What I couldn't figure out was that they took the time to cut a foot section off the control cable and leave it as it had positioning labels on it. Must have wanted us up and running so he could try it again.

  9. #9suladas2018-01-18 01:52

    Truck batteries have been working fine, definitely a different size, but bolts etc are gone for the hold downs anyway so need to get new stuff. Thankfully they didn't cut anything. They actually left the battery covers, and the tool tray ontop of batteries, even left my hammer, wrench, and booster cables. The cables would have been expensive, the 12" cable connecting the two batteries was $35 alone, can't imagine how expensive the others would be.