Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Battery Compartment on a Case 1840 skid steer

Robb Fischer ยท 2015-03-02 09:36

Does anyone know how to get the foot base off of a Case 1840 skid steer so I can access the battery?

Replies6
  1. #1Robb Fischer2015-03-02 09:55

    It seems to be loose and slides, but I cannot get it over the foot pedal. I wasn't sure if there is an easy way to get it out without taking the foot pedal off?

  2. #2Cajun19862015-03-02 17:02

    Remove two nuts if still on, then lift from back and slide out and up towards back.

  3. #3Robb Fischer2015-03-03 07:21

    Thank you very much for this information. I will be working on the skid steer this weekend - this is very helpful.

  4. #4franklinute2015-03-03 09:30

    I leave mine unbolted. The first time I took it off I did a little work with the hand grinder to make it come out easier.

  5. #5Robb Fischer2015-03-03 09:50

    Thanks for the info. The skid steer was purchased by my father-in-law a few months ago and has been stored in a pole barn. Very cold winter so far and when I went to start it, the battery died. For some reason I couldn't get the foot plate off. I didn't check for the bolts though, but if they are still on, I will most likely leave them off. I'll bring my hand grinder along also, just in case. I think I'm going to mount a set of Battery Tender cables to the battery so I can just plug it in when not in use.

  6. #6durallymax2015-03-03 12:35

    If it will just sit a lot the battery tender is a good idea. The diagrams shown are accessible by anyone on case partstore for future reference.