I have an 853 I just acquired. It runs "drives" but has a few so called "minor/major issues". Though it looks like it's been on fire, the paint missing and rust is a case of salt air "Panama City Florida" and lack of TLC. That I'll fix in our shop. The lift rams were leaking so bad that it wouldn't lift the arm but the bucket is trying to work normal. Low on fluid. Bobcat of Jacksonville Fl has the rebuild kits waiting to ship as soon as I send them the $265.80 and that problem will be cured... I hope. Next. There is nothing left of the controls/indicators in the upper right of the cab, only the wires hanging. In the upper left, nearly the same, Ign switch and the green push button are there, nothing more. I need to track all the wiring down and get things back to "normal" or as close to it as possible. The lap bar is long gone but runs without it. Haven't found a seat belt yet but... runs without it. I know this is sounding like a frankenstein machine but, for the price of $0.00 and free delivery, hey, can't bitch about that. BTW, when I removed the lift rams, I simply connected the hoses back to themselves so I can move it around and I have an oak 6x6 under the arm to keep the bucket off the ground until I get the rams rebuilt. Now, to the engine compartment. Everything looks normal except for a bit of jumper wires that have been installed to get around the safety locks. A few of the relay brackets are broken and those relays are laying loose.:Banghead I need to know which color wires go to which so I can mark the relays until I make new brackets to hang them on.:beatsme Only real problem I've found in the engine compartment is a little oil seeping up the dipstick tube and puddling below the engine. I hope it is just the PCV being stopped up and nothing major. The air filter needs the small 1" inlet pipe brazed back... the weld broke loose when someone hit it with a battery trying to install it.:Banghead Can anyone address any of the questions/issues I have with this creature? I really love the machine. It has so much power and ability compared to my JD 850 tractor. Also, I want to be able to use the aux hydraulics that are "suppose to be" controlled by the right steering stick but, I don't know if the control is hooked up and or working and I don't see any connections front or rear for the aux hydraulics. I have a 6' bush hog I was going to build a new drive shaft for and put behind my tractor but now that I have the 853C and hydraulics "motors/rams/etc.." laying around, I am going to machine a coupling for the hydraulic motor and install it on the bush hog after I build a hookup for the arm. There are other things I plan to build this winter for it. Log splitter, grapples for the bucket, fork lift, post hole driller, etc.
No replies yet.