Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BC strike & resulting liquidations?

Hallback ยท 2019-12-29 06:37

I got word Friday that a few of the key players in the BC forest products industry are going to liquidate assets after the first of the year. I hope not for you guys but has anyone else heard about this?

Replies9
  1. #1Hallback2020-01-01 10:43

    Anyone?

  2. #2Plebeian2020-01-08 18:36

    Any update on this? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...y-strike-prepare-for-hard-christmas-1.5404198 Non/related to the above? https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/services/insolvency-assignments/errington-cedar-products-limited.html (november , 2019) https://www.woodbusiness.ca/errington-cedar-products-sawmill-closes-on-vancouver-island/

  3. #3John C.2020-01-08 22:57

    I don't know about Canada but was told the company up in Icy Bay in Alaska just shut down and is moving all their equipment out. I hear the tariffs are killing the markets.

  4. #4Hallback2020-01-09 21:15

    That's Evergreen if I remember correctly.

  5. #5John C.2020-01-09 21:15

    I heard SeaAlaska.

  6. #6Hallback2020-01-10 21:53

    That's who Evergreen works for up there.

  7. #7John C.2020-01-10 23:47

    Thanks for the info.

  8. #8Tugger22020-02-14 23:41

    Sounds like the strike has ended.

  9. #9Plebeian2020-02-18 17:05

    Is the mill playing their own game too? https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/...-30-day-closure-due-to-lack-of-wood-1.4812984