Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bd2g not charging

brokedozer ยท 2006-06-08 22:26

i have just aquired a bd2g. for some reason it is not charging the batteries. the alternator is working, had it tested. the wires running from the alt to the battery light have contiuity and the plug at the alt tests ok. . i cant figure out were the problem is the battery light is not working. Just put 2 new batteries in it. may possily be a bad circuit board. any suggestions?

Replies2
  1. #1Surf2011-07-22 07:53

    I'm also having problems with my bd2g but it seems to be charging okay.. It started like a breeze when I bought it and even after I got it home when it was -20 degrees out... All the sudden after parking it one night the next day I went to start it and it just "clicked"... Turned the key again and it turned it over just a little, hit it again and it started spinning the engine faster and faster until it started.. This was a month ago and I've only used it a few times since and it's doing the same thing every time... It's a 1992 model with the wide tracks and has worked like a charm until this last problem.. I will say I do not like a 24 volt system, never have and never will as if a battery connector is loose the posts burn off like paper if you're not careful. This is my first time posting here and it looks like I can't start a thread yet so I'm adding on to yours.. (hope this is okay?) One thing I did think about was a question I have that maybe the batteries are just "warming up" before giving me enough cranking power? The model I have is supposed to weigh 10,000 lbs. and have 50 hp... Out side of this and getting a few minor kinks out of it I gotta say I love the machine,,, Any ideas folks? Thanks Surf from Wisconsin!

  2. #2dblaneyfan2011-07-22 14:45

    Are the batteries dying in the middle of the day, or are they dead the next time you try to crank? You might have a diode issue with your alt, causing a draw off of your batteries when the machine is not running.