Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BD2G Powershift transmission

dstanek ยท 2024-04-30 10:46

Hello, I just bought a BD2G powershift dozer. 1989 model. Runs great but transmission is out of it and needs to be replaced or rebuilt. Anybody know where I can get a used transmission or rebuild kit or individual parts for it? I have the trans out and apart. These are the parts I'm looking for if I can get them to rebuild it. 1st speed group -output shaft -1st speed planet carrier -thrust plates (6) -roller bearing 6909 NACHI -piston seal Forward 3rd Speed -Planet Carrier (1) -planet gears (3) -planet thrust plates (6) -planet gear pins (3) -roller bearing (3) -piston seals 5 inner seals 5 outer seals Complete Gasket assy Control valve gaskets Ring Gear Now you know why I'd like to find a used good trans.... Doubt I can find the indiidual parts I need. But maybe.... Thanks for the help !!

Replies2
  1. #1Sethmill2024-05-07 18:28

    https://www.facebook.com/DMMachineryLLC/ I have bought from darren over the past 5 years or so, has been good to me, had a bd2g as well, wish i would have kept it

  2. #2dstanek2024-05-14 14:53

    Thanks Sethmill I did contact him. No luck. After further inspection of the transmission when I got it home, discovered it was the 3rd gear planet carrier assembly that was shot. Really worn out with broken gear teeth, wobbled out pins etc. I was able to find a good used assembly in Singapore. That assembly with all the plastic piston seals and carrier seals shipped to my door came to 1980.00$. Ouch. However, if I assemble and all is good to go, I'm in it total for 5980.00$ so far. I'm sure that number will go up though. Lol. Just not too much more I hope. I'm waiting on those parts now.