I've got a new to me BD2G DD dozer that is acting up. When I pull back on the steering levers, the clutches work properly. I can stop the machine by pulling both of them and they work smooth. The problem I'm having is the brakes work very sporadically. Sometimes they lock up great and sometimes I just track straight. I pulled the pedal brake mechanism and lubed it since they were basically frozen up. I can hit the brake while pulling on the lever and that will normally turn the machine. In the right brake cavity there is some fluid in the bottom. Not sure where it's from. Is just an adjustment needed?
Just a follow up on this one. I got it all fixed up. I adjusted the linkages to spec. The arms were not contacting the plungers so they were not moving as far as they should. The other issue is I had adjusted the brake band before I had pulled and cleaned the brake arms/shaft assemblies. The bolts were really tight to move as everything was froze up. I don't think I ever got the bolts to bottom out before backing off 2-3/4 turns. They are almost able to be finger tightened now and after adjusting them with everything freed up she's working perfect now. Now just need to change some fluids, give her a solid pressure wash, lube all pivots and go push dirt.
Not the greatest picture, but here it is loaded up for the drive home. Tongue weight was a little heavy, but it towed nice.
Need to back the tractor over the axles on the trailer, too much tongue weight will limit if not in a panic defeat the steer-ability of your truck, it appears to be VERY light in the front end if there is ANY weight on those tires.
There was plenty of weight on the front axle. Looks worse in the picture. I'm in a little hole and the trailer is backed up a mound so the hitch is depressed more than normal. The guy I bought it from had it loaded and chained while I was doing some paperwork. I towed it for a bit and it was fine. I do need some 1" blocks to level the truck out though. It has a slight rearward lean as the previous owner "leveled" the front and it went a little bit high.