Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Beacon light for JCB 3X-14

JCSI ยท 2014-12-27 22:09

I bought a beacon light from the local truck parts store to mount on top of the cab but I cant figure out the best way to intercept the wire running to the outlet on the side of the cab. Would prefer to mount permanently to the plastic top and hard wire into the switch already in the cab. I tried the bolts on top of the cab to remove plastic cover but they just spin. Thanks for any info

Replies3
  1. #1hookedondiesel2014-12-28 06:52

    Why can't you drill new holes for the light, take the cover off the light, drill a couple of holes through the roof, one for the wiring also, put some silicone around the holes before you pass the bolts, have someone on the inside screw them tight while your on top holding the bolt.

  2. #2d4c24a2014-12-28 15:32

    have you tried taking one of the worklights out or is yours a later machine ,2010 on wards the roof comes off from bolts on the side i think

  3. #3JCSI2014-12-30 22:11

    Found out today from dealer that I need to take one of the front headlights off and that will allow me to reach in and get hold of the wire that is powering the socket on the outside of the cab. Apparently the plastic top is a "bubble" that holds the wiring and no real access to ROPS. Going to try what they say because they want $256.00 to install.