Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bed Height

Copenhagen ยท 2010-01-06 20:05

Can I get some of you dump truck owners to measure the height to the top of the side rails of your dump bed? I am looking at getting a smallish Kubota backhoe that has a dump height of 90". Just wondering if it has enough height to get into the majority of tandem dump trucks out there. Thanks fellas.

Replies2
  1. #1Buster F2010-01-06 20:20

    My Bobcat has 108" to the bucket hinge pin and will barely reach over the side of my 10 wheeler. I would say that 90" to the bucket pin is going to limit you to trucks with very low sides.

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2010-01-06 21:51

    dump truck If you are just trying to do a real small job and you have plenty of time, you can build you a pad to give you height. This is not a recommended way to do it, but its possible. I would say now, that your machine is way too small to load any regular size dump truck, unless its a flatbed dump. If you are buying this to make money forget it. Good Luck and be careful