I have a Bell B25C that blares it's secondary steering horn constantly. It is not using secondary steering though. I am thinking that it may be a faulty pressure gauge. Any idea where to look? Thanks
I don't know if this helps, but I looked at the parts pages for a Deere 250C (pretty much the same machine except for engine), and I found a pressure switch, 97J, that the parts page notes as "secondary steering". Looks like it's located on the main control valve. You'd have to tilt the cab to get good access to main control valve, it would be located under the cab just below where operator enters the cab through cab door.
I've been having problems with the pressure compensator on top of the secondary steering pump backing off a bit just enough to set off the alarm or make the steering stiff under high demand steering. Mind you it is on the deeres but the machines are very similar. It's a fairly easy pump to set up.
Ok, thanks for the responses! I am not sure if I can tilt the cab on the bell, but I will look for hinges.
bell25c & jd 250c cabs do not tilt . under floor mat is a access plate
I just looked at the service manual and the secondary steering system works almost identical to the newer deeres. When you remove the left access panel on the floor you will see a square electrical plug on a sensor on the hydraulic manifold. That is your secondary steering pressure sensor. The mp2 pressure test port is the secondary steering test port.