Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Benati Backhoes….Anyone ever heard of them

angelsairman ยท 2009-01-08 21:29

My cousin purchased a Benati PSB2000 B53 Backhoe. A solid machine but is there anyone who can help me get parts and repair info in the US???? Weve heard they were sold here as a test market but they didnt take off. So as usual in my mechanic career if there is an oddball...It will find me. I was able to run through all the basics changing fuel filter, oil, trans filter and fluid. Had a new throttle cable made, new bushing and boss on the dipper/boom, unsiezing pins and getting them to take grease(what a pain in the N?@Z) I cannot read any numbers on the Hydo filter...except its last recorded change was 92! I couldnt ID the engine but its a 5 cylinder diesel. Its earned its money in work performed but she needs some more TLC this coming spring. It has 4 wheel disc brakes. All the calipers need rebuilding and the master cylinder is junk. Dealing with Benati is...well slow and not working well Due to language barrier and lost build sheets and unrpocurable manuals. Id love parts info, electrical diagrams or even someone else who has heard of them. There were some old part boxes in the cab with Hitachi/Fiat logos on them. Anyone got any kicking around??? Theres got to be others out here to come across these. Please? Someone?:usa

Replies13
  1. #1MKTEF2009-01-09 12:13

    Try a email to theese guy's: http://www.benati.it/sottopagina.htm Looks to be rather many sold in south Europe.

  2. #2stumpjumper832009-01-09 15:18

    Case markets a benati as a 595 r series in europe. I don't know what else to tell you...

  3. #3V16CatMetKanick2009-01-22 17:36

    5 Cylinder, its probobaly a Deutz or a Volvo, the Deutz is air/oil cooled and the Volvo is water cooled. If it's the Deutz, I'm sorry, but if its a Volvo its a really good engine. It might have a ZF running gear in it, and the pump(s) should be of the brand Vickers. Thats what I know from working on a imported Case 595.

  4. #4RonG2009-01-23 02:03

    I think the air cooled Deutz is a good engine.I have heard bad things about some of their liquid cooled power plants though.Ron G

  5. #5hammerdwn202009-01-24 14:19

    i see one of these off rt1 in woodbridge nj. ive never seen it move. i thought about asking them if they would sell it.

  6. #6JimInOz2009-01-24 20:16

    Benati They sold crawlers ,Loaders & Backhoes in Italy. Fiat & Perkins engines were used....& maybe others.

  7. #7racer914v2009-01-30 23:11

    Benati PSB 2000 I own a Benati PSB 2000. It's a good, solid machine - I have order parts from http://www.industrialmachineryexport.com/default.htm There is a little bit of a language barrier but I was successful in getting the parts I needed. If you are interested I have a parts manual - you can contact me at [email protected]

  8. #8benati2011-03-24 10:10

    Benati 2000 PSB Fiat 805.1 I have a benati 2000 PSB, It came with a couple of manuals when I purchased it. My experience with it is that it has a 5 cylinder Fiat desiel, and a Clark "long drop" 3 speed trans. Parts for the trans can be ordered out of Canada from a company called BPT components & parts Ph#716-874-8990 Fax# 716-874-8993. I havent had a lot of luck with engine parts. Im willing to sell my machine if you or any of the other guys are interesed. It has a crack in the rear axel shaft about 6 inches long, and I believe it needs a converter rebuild.

  9. #9Dirtyshoe2012-04-24 21:21

    Benati 2000 PSB 1986 need Help to solve starting issue. I have a 1986 Benati PSB2000 DT that my father left me when he passed away in 2010. It was one of his favorites for site work. I have a partial operators manual but only random pages. The problem I have is that it wont start. I have run it for about 10 hours until it quit. I shut it down and the next day it wouldn't start. There is voltage to the main panel, ignition switch and power (which is constant) at the starter itself hen the main is turned on. I have replaced a 12v 30amp relay that was tied into the starter button but nothing happens when start button is depressed (continuity verifies button is in working order). With out the manual and without being able to find anyone locally that will travel and diagnose onsite I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be. This is my first piece of heavy equipment that I have ever owned and have very little knowledge of how these are wired. The backhoe neutral switch is located on the column and appears to be functioning as intended. Is it possible that there is another main electrical panel somewhere else? I have also verified battery voltage is correct. I had intended to try a direct bypass to the starter but I feel its a 50/50 chance of killing the starter due to I'm not to confidant as to what lead I attach the jumper too. As a side note. When the main power is turned on. I could normally hear a click (relay?) from inside the cab. I do not hear that sound any longer. Any help or direction would be extremely appreciated. TY in advance

  10. #10Dirtyshoe2012-04-24 21:32

    Im looking for information on a Benati Backhoe and I see your location is noted as NH. Do you still have this machine? If so maybe you could assist me with a wiring issue. I do have part of an operators manual.

  11. #11Dirtyshoe2012-04-24 21:37

    I might be able to assist you. Im looking for information on a Benati Backhoe and I see your location is noted as NH. Do you still have this machine? If so maybe you could assist me with a wiring issue. I do have part of an operators manual for that machine.

  12. #12Melandale2014-07-01 09:04

    Looking for Benati parts or parts machine I have a PSB 2000 and would like a parts machine. I need a bevel gear and some hub parts.

  13. #13knowlesmilan2015-10-13 19:37

    still have your benati parts can be ordered at [email protected]