Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best 100-110ho dozer

southernman13 · 2021-03-15 07:01

We have a D41P-6 komatsu and love it but it’s open cab. Really want AC and protection from dust hornets lol. Just sold a Deere 850C with cab and ac. Was a great machine but bigger than we needed and it was thirsty! Want a good used reliable newer unit. Scared of the def stuff. Can’t justify a new machine that would be the way to go due to the warranty but they’re just too much money. Cat Deere Komatsu what’s opinions on which to buy. Mostly logging raid maintenance, root raking not grubbing roots just raking, and pushing dirt. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Shimmy12021-03-15 12:36

    D51

  2. #2southernman132021-03-15 13:03

    Good choice. My favorite and never been on one lol. Jut don’t know anyone who has personally had or has one

  3. #3Shimmy12021-03-15 15:20

    I know a couple guys with them, I've spent some time on one. They are a badass little crawler as far as production vs size goes. Maintenance/problems I have no idea, but traditionally Komatsu dozers are as good as any other.

  4. #4southernman132021-03-15 15:58

    Tenfo thanks. Yes I’m a Komatsu fan fosho’ we have a 270-8 pc200-8 I thinks it is and D41p,D31P

  5. #5Shimmy12021-03-15 21:55

    Those -8s have very nice hydraulics.

  6. #6hvy 1ton2021-03-18 12:35

    I'm a big fan of 700J's. Good balance, fast hydraulics and good power. I wish I owned one.

  7. #7BCG2021-04-02 07:38

    Just FYI, there are delete options out there for most of the major brands so, you can have both a newer machine and no DEF. I think it's even legal to remove the emissions when the equipment is only used off road, which a dozer obviously would be.

  8. #8southernman132021-04-02 15:38

    I wouldn’t worry about the legal part but I can’t believe it would be legal. I mean how many other pieces of heavy equipment would be considered on road use equipment other than maybe a grader. I jut don’t think it’s that easy or that many programs to delete equipment like say a PU truck. I’m all for deleting

  9. #9skyking12021-04-02 16:12

    I think deleting is opening up a can of worms. If you can find what you need without having to have the systems to begin with that's the direction I would go.

  10. #10southernman132021-04-02 16:55

    Absolutely.