Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best Coupler?

xkv8tor · 2014-11-03 22:29

What is the best pin grabber style quick coupler on the market? Looking to add one to a Case CX 240B. Thanks for your input.

Replies9
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-11-04 00:36

    I can't stand most of the new models of couplers but, we bought a new Esco Posigrab for our PC400-7 about 18mos ago and it has been the best we've had since the old school Hendrix. Be a bit wary of CWS (Dramone) and anything by Miller. We've had lots of issues with both.

  2. #2goneinsane2014-12-05 15:47

    The only manufacture worth buying from is TRK Attachments. The couplers are built very well. Stay away from anything made in China.

  3. #3Itiswhatitis2014-12-05 16:45

    The company I work for run over 800 hitches of all makes and as workshop foreman I can honestly say a hitch is only as good as the operator using it lol.... regular grease and inspections and taking care not to fill the hitch with the dig material.

  4. #4Shimmy12014-12-05 21:13

    I have a CNH (it's really a JRB) on my 210C. The coupler works fine. I wanted an Esco, but ended up with this one. An Esco or Geith are the lowest profile couplers. They are like 8½", this JRB is 11" high. There seems to be some like on here for TRK, but I don't care for the rear hook faces the same direction as the front hook. I would prefer them to face opposite ways, I feel it will hold the bucket more reliably. Even though I have a JRB, my vote goes to Esco.

  5. #5DiggerDown2014-12-05 23:58

    I just bought a TRK for my Komatsu PC200. It was recommended to me and it turned out being way better thn expected. The hooks face different directions and I'm able to grab multiple pin spans.

  6. #6LiecaMan2014-12-15 18:48

    We just got a kobelco 260 setup with An AMI pin grabber, it's the first pingrabber we have but so far it's been good

  7. #7Chris5564522015-02-05 19:31

    This one's pretty sweet http://youtu.be/odoByu514AA

  8. #8d4c24a2015-09-24 15:14

    Hill coupler http://www.hillattach.com/

  9. #9goneinsane2018-09-18 13:49

    I highly recommend the Multi-Grab Coupler made by TRK. It has saved me so much time.