Hey everyone. Would like to know if any of you have any opinions/experience with the Cat C7, Cummins ISL, or MBE900. I am wondering what the best of these engines is. Thanks!-calhoonie
engines if you compare price of engine, price of possible repairs, and the popular engine, I like the Cummins, to me you get a good engine for the money and when you have to repair it seems to be cheaper to repair. They all have their prons and cons, to me it would depend on the rest of the story (what is it in and what the price is. I really dont buy a piece of equipment, just because it has a certain kind of engine, unless its a Cat 3116, 3208, Cummins T444E, thisis a good engine, but not a bunch of power for construction. Just my 2 cents worth
Cummins doesnt make a T444E, that's an International/Navistar engine.
cummins a typeO, the cummins shouldnt have been there, I guess my typing was ahead of my brain. I know its a Int., my brother has one, thats why I said I wouldnt buy one, for a pulling truck Sorry if I mis lead anyone:Banghead
Thanks guys! Anyone out there have any experience on the Mercedes diesels (MBE900, MBE4000). The application would be in a tri-axle dump truck with an 8LL
Well we just got 2 Stirlings with the MBE4000 @ 350 hp. Ill let you know in a week or so how they work out. Id stay away from the C7 there at best a 300,000 mile engine in a tandem.
Hey ben46a have you got any info on those MBE4000's in the sterlings?:beatsme If anyone else have any experience with the Mercedes-Benz engines i'm interested in finding out what you got to say. Thanks! calhoonie:usa
Actually nothing yet, I went on vaca for a week and it looks like the body fitters did too. Just got the first truck back today. Still have to put the planks and decals on before they go to work.